Annex A 7170,7140, xx70,5010,5012

obexa schrieb:
Hi!

Was ich meine, ist das Zurücksetzen von Annex-A auf Annex-B... :mad:

Bei mir hauts trotz der erfolgreichen Umstellung auf Annex-A nicht hin bei der Synchronisierung (Südtirol, Telecom-Italia). Werd wohl oder übel meine 7170 verscherbeln müssen, deshalb würd ich gern wieder auf Annex-B switchen, was wie erwähnt leider nicht hinhaut...

Help!!!
obexa

hallo,

hatte das gleiche problem bei einer fritz box fon wlan.
hat trotz recovery und werkszustand zurücksetzen nicht funktioniert.
habe dann das entsprechende file zum setzen von annex b eingespielt.
...und dann zur sicherheit noch ein recovery gemacht.
habe seitdem wieder "annex b" stehen.

habe aber noch keine rückmeldung ob nun die fritzbox für annex b wieder funktioniert

mfg
soelli

ich habe grad versucht meine FBF 5010 auf Annex A umzupatchen. Leider war ich nicht wirklich erfolgreich. Ich hab das image fritz.box_fon_5010.23.04.01.image ins Verzeichnis mit dem ge-tar-ten script gelegt, dann den script entpackt, und im scriptverzeichnis die datei fritz_xx70_annex_a.sh ausgeführt. die im readme erwähnte Datei ./xx70_annex_a gab es nicht, aber ich denke man, dass es die benötigte ist, oder?

auf jeden fall war dies dann die ausgabe des scriptes:

$ ./fritz_xx70_annex_a.sh
no image fritz.box_2070.20.03.99.image at /home/root/fritz
/home/root/fritz/xx70_annex_a
Use image fritz.box_fon_5010.23.04.01.image as source
./var/
./var/tmp/
./var/tmp/kernel.image
./var/tmp/filesystem.image
./var/flash_update.o
./var/info.txt
./var/install
./var/chksum
The size of <kernel.image> is 3313928
Strange, no squashfs signature found...
can't read fritz.box_fon_5010.23.04.01.image.1//var/tmp/kernelsquashfs.raw: No such file or directory at tools/dumpsquashfs line 75.
can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- etc/init.d/rc.conf 2006-01-24 11:23:16.000000000 +0100
|+++ etc/init.d/rc.conf 2006-03-18 19:31:24.000000000 +0100
--------------------------
File to patch:

kann mir jemand weiterhelfen??

OK, das problem habe ich jetzt so lösen können, dass ich das ganze mal auf einer Linux Kiste ausgeführt habe. Ich weiß zwar jetzt nicht was den unterscheid gemacht hat, aber es hat funktioniert...

7170 Annex B -> Annex A

Hi,

Im trying to convert my 7170 from Annex B to Annex A, which is the easiest way?

Im trying to use Cygwin and the latest firmware (fritz.box_fon_wlan_7170.29.04.21.image renamed to 29.04.01) but i receive this error:

Use image fritz.box_fon_wlan_7170.29.04.01.image as source
./var/
./var/tmp/
./var/tmp/kernel.image
./var/tmp/filesystem.image
./var/flash_update.o
./var/info.txt
./var/install
./var/chksum
./var/regelex
./var/signature
tar: A lone zero block at 8600
The size of <kernel.image> is 4274696
Squashfs signature found at 432640
kernel.raw created
kernelsquashfs.raw created
umcompress failed at tools/dumpsquashfs line 345.
./30_convertfs: line 13: patch: command not found
./30_convertfs: line 15: cd: etc: No such file or directory
sed: can't read init.d/rc.init: No such file or directory
-rw-r--r-- 1 Administrator None 3842056 Nov 1 22:12 /Fritz/xx70_annex_a/fritz.b
ox_fon_wlan_7170.29.04.01.image.4//var/tmp/kernelsquashfs.raw
./40_packfs: line 40: LIMIT: unbound variable

Can anyone help?

Where does Perl fail?

Hi Mavo,

I think the script xx_annex_a.sh works only with version xx.04.01 of each firmware. Or the other way round I can defenetively say, that the script does not work with 04.15 or higher, since avm changed some things in the fileformat (there is a new compression). I allready tryed to change the script in order to get it working with this, but I struggled during rebuildung the image. My Image was too big afterwards.

But when you have a 7170 you should be able to use the other (way easyer) scripts:
Edit 20.3.2006:
See below for fritz_as_avm_annex_a_kernel_args.tar and fritz_del_annex_a_kernel_args.tar
Should work without creation of your own image !
Just upload the file as "firmware".

this would mean you whould be able just to use this file:
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=7057&d=1142888172

just use it as a firmware-update as it is

I've never tried this by myself, because I do not have a 7XXX fritzbox.

Thank you for this information.

So is my 7170 an Annex A when it says "Annex A" in the DSL information window? ALL other places it says "Annex B".

My DSL line is neither PSTN nor ISDN, i have only DSL on my phone line so im not sure whether i should use Annex A or Annex B, but the DSL will not sync.

I have an RJ11 plug from the wall into the RJ45 plug of the FritzBox, this should work should it not?

Where is "all other" places??

OK, the next problem is a little difficult. maybe the problem is that the fritzbox does not recognize the ATM-Parameters correctly. My next guess would be to look for somebody else who lives in the same country as you do and has the same provider who posted in here:

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=89428

maybe there are already some parameters posted. otherwhyse you may ask them.

in addition to this you may contact the support of your ISP and ask the guys what Annex you should use, and which ATM-Paramerts you should use for your line.

In regards to the connection properties I think it is OK, if you don't use a splitter or something like this since you do not have a phone connected. Have you ever tried to connect a modem from a friend or something lilke this to the line? at least here in Germany the guys from the telekom often make mistaked during connecting DSL-accounts...

When connecting with telnet it says CONFIG_ANNEX B and ANNEX B, but in the DSL status from the webinterface it says ANNEX A.

My Zyxel modem / router connects fine and when i telnet this device i can read the DSL settings: Encapsulation= PPPoA, Multiplexing= VC-based, VPI = 0, VCI = 35. I also have the DSL username and password entered.

But im not even sure that the RJ11->RJ45 connection is okay.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll keep trying.

I had the same problem living in switzerland.
Annex A mod only working with firmware 29.04.01
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=89428&page=11

Did somebody try with newest Labor Version to get Annex A running?
Web Interface shows:

ADSL-Zustand ADSL Aktiv
Hersteller AVM Berlin Alcatel
DSL-Version 1.35.18.00 0.0 - H0
ADSL (ITU G.992.1) Annex A

Connection via TELNET shows:

BusyBox v1.00-pre3 (2005.09.22-07:43+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

HWRevision='94'
HWSubRevision='1.0.0'
ANNEX='B'
ANNEX_PTEST_FILE='ptest-results-0'
ANNEX_PTEST_HOST='192.168.178.20'
ANNEX_TEST='0'
OEM='avm'
Language='de'
Country='049'
TZ='CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0'
CONFIG_AB_COUNT='3'
CONFIG_ANNEX='B'

rgds - Frido

Which pins of the RJ45 connecter of the Fritzbox should be connected to DSL?

Fritz 5010

Can i use the modified file from somewone elses 5010 box.
He generated with cygwin a RAR file for his own box and is working.
Can i use this RAR file for my 5010 box?
or must i use cygwin to do the modification?

in general you can also use the file somebody else generated, but you must sill keep an eye on that the file has to be made for the correct model.

however, the files normally have the extension .image and some files you can find in this forum have the extension .tar. I've never seen a file with the extenaion rar. I doubt that the box will accept these files.

PS: keep in mind that you have to downgrade the 5010 to ver .04.01

My latest software is 23.04.15.
The file i have from another person is fritz_annex_a_._fon_5010.23.04.01.rar (3300 kb)
The extension is RAR is a WINRAR extension, the unpacket image file is annex a 23.04.01. image
If i load this file the box he tells me that de softwareversion is older dan my software and transmission is inpossible.
I try to find a modified file for my 23.04.15 software maked with CYGWIN.
Second option: downgrade with the recovery cd.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hallo Mavo,
die in der Mitte, aber du mußt ein normales WesternPlug Telefonkabel in den Filter und auf der anderen Seite in die FBF.
Hi Mavo just take a normal telefoncabel for both plugs, it works because the middle one in the FBF are for ADSL. If you know German you can use my manual for the change from Annex B to A.

Grüße Mäcki

Fritzbox 3070 wlan

Can anyone send a copy of fritz.box_wlan_3070.19.03.99.image or
a new image for conversion to Annex A to [email protected] ?
Thanks in advance

1/ Do somewone have a modified 23.04.15. image file maked with CYGWIN for my 5010 box to make annex B to annex A.
I have a modified 23.04.01 file frome somewone else but my latest software upgrade is 23.04.15 and so the modified 23.04.01 file is not working on it.
2/ A recovery file for 23.04.01 is also welcome, so i can downgrade the box and use the modified 23.04.01 file.
Thank u for helping me.

Oke, i have with succes downgrade the image to 23.04.01 and he becomes a ANNEX A.
ADSL is working now (green in overflow) but the DSL lamp on the box is out and i cannot open any internetpage.
Fault PPPOE zeituberschr.
1/ What must i fill in to let it work?
2/ Must i fill my name and password in the user screen? (i dont have)
Please tell me...

you may need to fill in the specific ATM settings for your provider.

One possibility is to check here if already someone posted these parameters. Otherwise you have to ask your provider directly.

Which contry are you from / which provider are you using?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.