FritzBox auf AVM oder 1und1 setzen, ANNEX umsetzen

Telefonicus, if you did: do you understand the advantage of .49 (English) over .34 (German)? The only difference I see in the change log is "seamless rate adaptation", which is not mentioned in the German version. When I look in my .34 under "DSL info - erweitert" I see status "SLR - aus" in the German FW.

It is an advantage if the Englisch FW would then train to higher values. At the moment my 20Mb down connection (Telfort NL) trains at about 13Mb, and with the original modem it trains at 17Mb. I can live with that, but IF with SLR it would train in better, it may be worth the trouble to perform this "downgrade with headache".

improvements

Regarding the changes I read:

Changes in 06.04.49:
- DSL: Support for seamless rate adaption
- Internet: Child protection
- System: Push Service (System information via Email)

I have flashed my FBFW with 08.04.49 (just for fun) but since it's not connected to ADSL I can't say anything about seamless rate adaption.

I think the .49 is just a numbering convention. As far as I know this Firmware is available for FBF (06.04.49) and FBFW (08.04.49) only and it hasn't got anything to do with 29.04.49 or 58.04.49 of the 7170 model. FBF and FBFW are using a slower CPU/DSP chip than the 7170 so we probably can't expect significant performance improvements.

From an international point of view I can say the .49 firmware lets you select a couple of country specific settings, e.g. special telephone settings for the Netherlands, time zones, etc.

Best regards,
Telefonicus

ps

@AVM: Will we see a 14.04.49 update for FBFW 7050 soon?

I think the .49 is just a numbering convention.
Which is a bit confusing to me. In the german firmware a lot of changes are listed since the .26 (or what was it). Are all changes in the (german) .34 now incorporated in the english .49?
the .49 firmware lets you select a couple of country specific settings
Yes but I changed back from the english .26 to the german .34 because of some flaws e.g. in "busy on busy"; which are solved in the german fw.

In this thread andilao gave a how to for upgrading 06.04.30 or 06.04.33 german to 06.04.49 english:
Fritz!Box Fon (classic) anglifizieren
No downgrade needed.

Feel free to ask if you need a translation!

In this thread andilao gave a how to for upgrading 06.04.30 or 06.04.33 german to 06.04.49 english:
Was soll ich sagen? Die Box läuft stabil, und bei meinem o2 DSL hat sie jetzt die gleichen Verbindungswerte wie o2 UFO-Box: 4477/319 kbit/s. Die alte Firmware hat das nie geschafft!
Mmm, it looks good....
FW 06.04.30 oder 06.04.33 zu annexa.en.06.04.49:
FTPadam*
quote SETENV firmware_version avme
quote SETENV annex A
quote SETENV HWRevision 64
Box booten
fritz.box_fon.annexa.en.04.49.recover-image.exe
This is almost the same as I did, leaving out a few lines. But I din't succeed so far. Will try again with these lines only.

Are all changes in the (german) .34 now incorporated in the english .49?
Supposedly.

...some flaws e.g. in "busy on busy"; which are solved in the german fw.
I don't know about those flaws but I hope you're talking about ISDN. In analog networks Busy on Busy requires an off-hook/on-hook sequence which always implies (hidden) charges to the caller. With ISDN or VoIP Busy on Busy must be supported (and enabled) by the service provider.

Regarding the new 08.04.49 firmware I read:

[X] Call rejection on busy (Busy on Busy)
Incoming calls are rejected when a call is already in progress at the extension.

I don't have wired access to my 08.04.34-OEM box (connected via WDS) so I can't compare all features, especially on the DSL side. But I found these new features in 08.04.49:

Push Service

Dynamic DNS

Time Zone
(also in 08.04.26)

Regional Options:

Netherlands
France
Spain
Hungary
Latvia
Italy
Austria
United Kingdom
Denmark
Germany
Argentina
Other country

Some of these have been included in 08.04.26 already.

Best regards,
Telefonicus

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Annex A 992.5 to 992.1 (g.dmt)

Hallo,
I have a Fritzbox 7050 (annex b, FW 14.04.33). I need to convert this fritzbox to Annex A.
I used this .tar file and converted to Annex A. But DSL is unsuccessful.
I think that maybe our ISP's DSLAM is ADSL 992.1 annex A.
How can I transfer my box to 992.1 annex A?

Anhänge

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    32.7 KB · Aufrufe: 49
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    34.1 KB · Aufrufe: 39
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    73.8 KB · Aufrufe: 32
  • Fritz_kernel_args_annex_a.tar
    10 KB · Aufrufe: 16
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@tuguldur: Where the hell did you find this ANCIENT .tar-file and how did you believe that this would be the right one to change your 7050 from Annex B to Annex A????
Look into "jo-jo Schmitz" # 1187 in this Thread. There you will find the one that will work.

Strange you did take that tar-file. But I think the conversion did work because the information on DSL information page is "Annex A".

7050 (992.5 to 992.1 annex A)

Hi imagomundi,
I use .tar file in "jo-jo Schmitz" # 1187 and converted to Annex A. But DSL is 992.5 annex A and I did this before.
I need 992.1 annex A. Wie kann ich tun?

You cannot change this. The FritzBox is able to use both G.992.1 (ADSL) and G.992.5 (ADSL2/ADSL2+) depending on what is given by DSLAM.

What is wrong with 7050

Hi Marsupilami,
My ISP give SmartAX MT800 dsl modem to me. And this modem use g.dmt (992.1) stardard when I see adsl information in web-based configuration. Therefore, I think that my ISP's DSLAM use 992.1 g.dmt standard.

If the FritzBox is able to use both G.992.1 (ADSL) and G.992.5 (ADSL2/ADSL2+) depending on what is given by DSLAM, why use 992.5 and why cannot connect to DSLAM stably?

Anhänge

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    73.8 KB · Aufrufe: 18
Go back to Annex B using the Annex-B-tar-file from "jo-jo-Schmitz and after that do the flashing to Annex A again with "jo-jo-Schmitz" Annex A.

What BRANDING does your box use (AVM or AVME or even another one?)

Hi Marsupilami,
My ISP give SmartAX MT800 dsl modem to me. And this modem use g.dmt (992.1) stardard when I see adsl information in web-based configuration. Therefore, I think that my ISP's DSLAM use 992.1 g.dmt standard.

If the FritzBox is able to use both G.992.1 (ADSL) and G.992.5 (ADSL2/ADSL2+) depending on what is given by DSLAM, why use 992.5 and why cannot connect to DSLAM stably?

The restriction may lie in the SmartAX MT800 dsl modem, which probably complies only to ADSL, not ADSL2+, specifications.
Fritz!Box can operate with either ADSL, or ADSL2, or ADSL+ DSLAMs, but in each case it will use the highest attainable standard.

Ich hab's selbst nicht getestet, aber wenn ich mir den Inhalt des Files ansehe, kann da nichts schief gehen. Es enthält Debranding-Methoden für den alten (2.4) und den neuen Kernel (2.6) und testet vorher auch, welcher Kernel vorhanden ist.

Zusätzlich wird noch die "beliebte" rote Meldung verhindert, dass an der Box Änderungen vorgenommen wurden.

Einfach testen und berichten... Einer ist immer der erste. ;-)

hi,

bitte helft mir kurz, ich habe wenig ahnung von der materie.
ich habe eine 7170 mit firmware 29.04.49 annex b
nach portugal zu einem bekannten geschickt,
leider braucht er annex a

habe folg. images auf den letzten 12 seiten gefunden,
welches kann er bedenkenlos probieren?

fritz_as_avm_annex_a_kernel_args.tar 10,0 KB
fritz_as_annex_a_kernel_args_newer.tar 3,0 KB
fritz_as_annex_a_kernel_args_newer.tar 2,5 Kb

warum sind die 3 unterschiedlich groß?

danke & gruß
seebuy

Wenn die box schon auf 29.04.49 ist sollst du die
fritz_as_annex_a_kernel_args_newer.tar verwenden

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.