Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

@rondunaway: Upload the TELEFONICUS archive for annex b you can find here (www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?p=971638#post971638). The box should be converted back to B.

@rondunayway and EL_Angelo: Only have to connect the right cable to the right pin:

FRITZ Pin 4 and 5 (the middle ones of the eight) transmit the DSL signal. These contacts run in the Y cable "straight" to the same middle Pins of the DSL part of that Y cable. This is the reason why you can connect to Internet and thus have VoIP.

Same reason why your fixed anlogue line (POTS) do NOT work:

PIN 3 and 6 (the two "neighbours" to 4 and 5) of the FRITZ socket transmit the analogue telephone signal to PIN 1 and 8 of the Y cables telephone connector. So the analoge signal does not arrive on the correct PINS of your splitter/filter. Your splitter connection needs these signals also on PIN 4 and 5, i.e. also "in the middle".

I do always do the necessary changes rewiring the Y cable's telephone connector according to these needs.

I was able to convert the WLAN 7140 English Annex A (originally Annex B German) to WLAN 7140 German Annex A using telefonicus's posted method with the psuedoimage fritz_as_avm_newer.tar, but was not able to convert to Annex B using fritz_as_annex_b_kernel_args_newer.tar. Help.

Run German B recover "fritz.box_fon_wlan_7140.annexb.04.33.recover-image.exe". Observe ALL details of the recover rules!!

After that you can upgrade again to German 04.57 fw.

If this recover does not work can try combined ftp-server method + recover. Try the 04.33 recover first.

Hallo,

vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort. Ich hatte nicht immer an jedem Anschluss alle Boxen, aber du hast richtig vermutet: die FBFonWlan und die 7050 waren chancenlos (aber an anderem Anschluss dagegen waren haben beide sofort gesynct!).

Ich habe jeweils auf Englisch umgestellt (damit mein Onkel bisschen was lesen kann:)), bei der FBFWlan war es eben die .49, aber leider auch ohne Efolg:( schade, so müssen mehr Kabel hinhalten

Viele Grüße!

Michal.

PS. Für die Zukunft: offensichtlich sind die 7170 die Besten Boxen für eine Annex A -Umstellung?

Danke!

I have found by the way the only way I can get the caller display time correct is to type the command sequnce in at the telnet prompt.
This was suggested by another forum member earlier in the thread.

I have the same problem: the date and time is incorrect in the call list (currently at 11.08.12 20:13), but correct at the telnet prompt.

I hav not found the command sequence you are talking about... Can anybody here help me please ?

Thank you

@rondunaway: Sorry, I just checked AVM ftp Server content and saw that there is NO German 04.57. This might be the reason why you cannot change annex back to b (fw-version is incompatible with desired annex - box checks this through"HWRevision" number.

So let me know exactly what fw your box runs right now and which language you want to run after modification. You will have to do these changes by means of box's ftp server.

@philoufr: Why do you guys mostly not give basic information on your Fritz model that you are seeking a solution for? Different models may have different solutions for the same problem!
So: Tell me first model and firmware-verion your box is running

imagomundi>
This is a Fritz fon ATA 1020 converted from german to english with the fritz_avme_avm tools and now running "HAVEANICEDAY Fon ata 1020, Firmware Version 11.04.01" as seen on the web interface.

For several weeks, I had not this date and time problem. And now, it doesn't want to go away...

@philoufr: First try the easy step and mark on you telephone

#83*hhmmDDMMYYYY* (hour-minute-day-month-year), post result - in case it does not work let me know your location.

i have no idea why... but suddenly the landline works :)
thnx imagomundi and inquisitor

i'll update the diagram

@philoufr: First try the easy step and mark on you telephone

#83*hhmmDDMMYYYY* (hour-minute-day-month-year), post result - in case it does not work let me know your location.

Tried that and no change:
The 'date' command on telnet is correct, I see NTP update traces, the event log timestamp is OK, only the call list times are somewhere in 2012.

I'm in Belgium, and the TZ seems right (TZ='CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0')

Thanks for your help ;)

TZ string is incomplete - must say

TZ='CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00

CET = Central European Time
CEST = Central European Summer Time
changing time in month 3 and 10 on 5th sunday at 2 and 3 o'clock

TZ string is incomplete - must say

TZ='CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00

CET = Central European Time
CEST = Central European Summer Time
changing time in month 3 and 10 on 5th sunday at 2 and 3 o'clock

I agree, but for normal programs I guess it is good enough like it is (btw, to change it, do I just need to edit the file /etc/default.99/TZ that /etc/TZ links to ?)

But could this explain the funny values of the time stamp in the call list ?

@rondunaway: Sorry, I just checked AVM ftp Server content and saw that there is NO German 04.57. This might be the reason why you cannot change annex back to b (fw-version is incompatible with desired annex - box checks this through"HWRevision" number.

So let me know exactly what fw your box runs right now and which language you want to run after modification. You will have to do these changes by means of box's ftp server.

The box is now WLAN 7140 German Annex A FW 39.04.43 (fritz.box_fon_wlan_7140.annexa.04.43.recover-image.exe). I would like to convert it to WLAN 7140 German Annex B FW (fritz.box_fon_wlan_7140.annexb.04.33.recover-image.exe)

@philoufr: I know quite a lot about many FB and their file structure but unfortunately never saw a fon ATA 1020. So I cannot help you to make the changes in the TZ string. But in my opinion they are necessary to be done because the data in your actual TZ string does not lead your box to a path that exists in the real world. So the box is giving you back an either not existing time and date.

@ rondunaway: before we can start the flashing procedure I would like to know three things more:

1. what HWR number is your Annex-A box? Easiest way to find out is to type "http://fritz.box/html/support.html" in your web browser. This will give you a .txt-archive which you can open with a normal text editor like WordPad. In one of the first lines you will find the HWR number.

2. Wouldn't it be more convenient for you to have an English firmware - if you need annex b you could get even the fw 04.56 which for sure offers more features than the 04.33 German

3. You are aware that annex a and annex b use a different frequency spectrum? As annex b spectrum is a lot wider than annex a it bears no big problems to change from b to a. The other way round this might not work or not as good as you might imagine. Why do you want to change from a to b?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ rondunaway: before we can start the flashing procedure I would like to know three things more:

1. what HWR number is your Annex-A box? Easiest way to find out is to type "http://fritz.box/html/support.html" in your web browser. This will give you a .txt-archive which you can open with a normal text editor like WordPad. In one of the first lines you will find the HWR number.

2. Wouldn't it be more convenient for you to have an English firmware - if you need annex b you could get even the fw 04.56 which for sure offers more features than the 04.33 German

3. You are aware that annex a and annex b use a different frequency spectrum? As annex b spectrum is a lot wider than annex a it bears no big problems to change from b to a. The other way round this might not work or not as good as you might imagine. Why do you want to change from a to b?

1) According to the support.txt: HWRevision 107.1.0.0
2) See number 3
3) The box is an original WLAN 7140 German Annex B that I used while living in Germany. I converted it to WLAN 7140 English Annex A to use in the USA which requires ANNEX A. I am now giving the box to someone in Germany so I would like to convert it back to original condition (Annex B German) (I have a WLAN 7170 now).
4) Posted is the support.txt; There are two lines from the file:
annex A
kernel_args annex=B

Anhänge

• support.txt
    42.8 KB · Aufrufe: 16
rondunaway, your box is ORIGINALLY NOT annex B! It is an annex a original that is now (again?) converted to work with modem mode annex b . Several proofs for this in your support data:
HWRevision number for 7140 annex b is 95 (not 107), saying annex is A :this information never changes as from the first moment of existence, and finally the data "kernel_args annex=B" "kernel_args" always indicates the annex mode on which the modem part of the box is working. That may differ from the basic ANNEX of the box. As "kernel_args" is B already you could not have success with the "telefonicus" file trying to convert the modem mode to B because this is already B.

If despite all this you are SURE that the box is originally annex B I do not have an explication why it says now "Annex A". According to all my knowledge up to day you can never change PERMANENTLY the real annex. Only "kernel_args annex" can be changed as this affects only the modem mode - not the basic annex of the box.

Do you have this box in use in the USA? Does it work since kernel_args was changed to "B"??

FW version 39.04.43 indicates Firmware version for Switzerland, Austria and Germany - but is firmware for annex a!

If you want to try that change from annex a to b you can try it - but because of the before mentioned reasons take the risk that the box might not work properly in annex-b-country Germany

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ rondunaway
You can tell what your box originally was from the Part No (Artikel Nr) which is written underneath.
2000 2354 = originall Austria / Switzerland edition = Annex A
2000 2337 = original international edition = Annex A
2000 2338 = original international edition = Annex B
There has never been a German edition of 7140 (7141 only).

[Boxes that originally are Annex B CANNOT be made to work on Annex A lines].
Correction: Boxes that originally are Annex A CANNOT be made to work on Annex B.

What's the Part No of your box?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ rondunaway
You can tell what your box originally was from the Part No (Artikel Nr) which is written underneath.
2000 2354 = originall Austria / Switzerland edition = Annex A
2000 2337 = original international edition = Annex A
2000 2338 = original international edition = Annex B
There has never been a German edition of 7140 (7141 only).
Boxes that originally are Annex B CANNOT be made to work on Annex A lines.
What's the Part No of your box?

Artikel-Nr: 2000 2328 Please see ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7140/firmware/deutsch/ . The file is annex B in the WLAN 7140 Deutsch folder.

I converted the box to Annex A to use here in the USA with the FTP method using the commands below and uploading the annex A mtd2.bin file.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.