Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

@telefonicus: I think maxorfo will not understand your question. So a lot clearer:

@maxorfo: Thousands of originally annex b Fritz boxes have been made to work on annex A (I myself changed about a dozen and all these original annex b boxes work on a). Some of he biggest threads in this forum are about this. So you should read before you write and know the subject you are writing about.

@rondunaway, we will continue this later today when I have some more time. Could you meanwhile answer my question if this box is actually working with this configuration in USA and does or did it work AFTER the "kernel_args" was changed to annex b?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@philoufr: Maybe we can find a solution if you can "open" your box's "ar7.cfg" - if there is such one which I do no know.

Download olistudent's "fritzbox editor", open it and it hopefully shows you also the following data (from my own box):

ntpclient {
server_list = "ntp.linux.org.ve";

timezone_manual {
enabled = yes;
offset = 0;
dst_enabled = no;
TZ_string = "VET";

If you can get this you could try to change YOUR incomplete data to the correct and complete ones.

Anhänge

• FBEditor-0.5.1(2).zip
    418.5 KB · Aufrufe: 70
@telefonicus: I think maxorfo will not understand your question. So a lot clearer:

@maxorfo: Thousands of originally annex b Fritz boxes have been made to work on annex A (I myself changed about a dozen and all these original annex b boxes work on a). Some of he biggest threads in this forum are about this. So you should read before you write and know the subject you are writing about.

@rondunaway, we will continue this later today when I have some more time. Could you meanwhile answer my question if this box is actually working with this configuration in USA and does or did it work AFTER the "kernel_args" was changed to annex b?

I have not tried to use the WLAN 7140 with Annex A DSL after I changed the kernel_args to annex b using the pseudo image.

As my landline is working now, i would like to connect more than one phone to the analog output of the fritz...

Problem is the output of the fritz for fon1-3 is a female rj25 and i have no idea of the pinout... i have now plugged in a regular rj11 in it and on 2 and 3 i have the signal for fon-1...
anyone knows which pins to use for the other fon's ?

Here we go:
Belegung des 3-fach-TAE/RJ12-Adapters

RJ12-Plug ---------------------------- TAE-Adaptor
3 + 4 -------------------------------- 1 + 2 (a + b) on TAE-Jack 1 (Phone 1)
1 + 6 -------------------------------- 1 + 2 (a + b) on TAE-Jack 2 (Phone 2)
2 + 5 -------------------------------- 1 + 2 (a + b) on TAE-Jack 3 (Phone 3)
Here you can find the original text by AVM.

Joe

Update:
I used the FTP method and entered the commands below. I then used the recovery file for WLAN 7140 Annex B Deutsch (30.04.33). The recovery file completed successfully (it loaded the mtd files), but afterwards the fb restarts continuously and I cannot log into it via the web. It also does not respond to pings.
I logged in via ftp, reset the box to Annex A Deutsch using second set of commands below, and ran the recovery file 39.04.43. It is successful. I can log in via the web and see the fw version 39.04.43. I do not understand why it does not work converting it to Annex B Deutsch. Do I ahve the HWRevision correct?

WLAN 7140 Annex B Deutsch
quote SETENV HWRevision 95.1.0.0
quote SETENV firmware_info 30.04.33
quote SETENV firmware_version avm
quote SETENV annex B
quote SETENV ProductID Fritz_Box_7140
quote SETENV kernel_args annex=B

WLAN 7140 Annex A Deutsch
quote SETENV HWRevision 107.1.0.0
quote SETENV firmware_info 39.04.43
quote SETENV firmware_version avm
quote SETENV annex A
quote SETENV ProductID Fritz_Box_7140_AnnexA
quote SETENV kernel_args annex=A

Did you in what ever way reboot after ftp flashing of all annex b procedure? You should not do so. Do the same procedure again, set HWRevision only "95" (no more) don't ftp flash "kernel_args" (can do that later, concerns only the modem). When you finished ftp with "bye" DO NOT REBOOT and NOT EVEN RESTART THE BOX when Recover30.04.33 aks you to do so. Just go ahead. DO NOT DISCONNECT BOX FROM POWER.

Before starting recovery deactivate "media sensing" in XP (if your OS is XP). Path in Windows registry (open by typing "regedit" in "execute"-Window):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\S ervi ces\Tcpip\Parameters

Opening "parameters" you will find "mediasense". Open it and change value from "0" to "1". PC will not shut down and restart in recovery procedure.

IF IT CAN WORK it would result this way. But maybe (I think so) you cannot change by no means NEVER the REAL ORIGINAL ANNEX of the box because it is a hardware bound feature.

I would like to convert the wlan 7140 via the FTP and mtd2.bin file. If someone has the WLAN 7140 Annex B Deutsch please send me a copy of their mtd2.bin.
rdunaway (at) tommykat (dot) com See directions below:

To copy mtd2 temporarily to your PC, you need a TFTP program and setting through this program temporary folder on the PC such as C: \ TFTP-Root

telnet 192.168.178.1

cd /var

cat /dev/mtdblock/2 > /var/mtd2.bin

tftp - p - l /var/mtd2.bin - r mtd2.bin 192.168.178.20

Did you in what ever way reboot after ftp flashing of all annex b procedure? You should not do so. Do the same procedure again, set HWRevision only "95" (no more) don't ftp flash "kernel_args" (can do that later, concerns only the modem). When you finished ftp with "bye" DO NOT REBOOT and NOT EVEN RESTART THE BOX when Recover30.04.33 aks you to do so. Just go ahead. DO NOT DISCONNECT BOX FROM POWER.

Before starting recovery deactivate "media sensing" in XP (if your OS is XP). Path in Windows registry (open by typing "regedit" in "execute"-Window):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\S ervi ces\Tcpip\Parameters

Opening "parameters" you will find "mediasense". Open it and change value from "0" to "1". PC will not shut down and restart in recovery procedure.

IF IT CAN WORK it would result this way. But maybe (I think so) you cannot change by no means NEVER the REAL ORIGINAL ANNEX of the box because it is a hardware bound feature.

I did not reboot. I disabled media sense via registry. I did try 95 rather than 95.1.0.0 Thanks for your help.

DSL or Not? Fritz!Box 7140 changing from Annex B to Annex A

Hi Friends,
Now i have been able to convert my German Fritz!Box 7140 to English and also from Annex B -to- Annex A with the kind helpful steps posted by "telefonicus" on "27.07.2008, 19:58" on thread Modification Fritz!Box 7141 from Annex B German to [Annex A and English].

But t now i have a Second Challenge: :mad:

1. I live in Sweden and in my apartment i have Fibre Optic connection and this cable which comes out of the wall is like a LAN cable. I get a fixed IP from my service provider. At present i use my D-link router and connect all my other devices through it and allocate the local network IP addresses. However when i connect my new Fritz!Box 7140 router it shows 'No DSL Connection' on the 'Overview/System' page. So i am not sure what settings do i need to change to make my Fritz!Box 7140 work here in Sweden:confused:. I have played around with the settings under 'Internet/Account Information' page. However i am unable to get the connection to the internet via my Fritz!Box 7140 :(.

2. Can i check or double check somewhere if i need an Annex A or Annex B for Sweden?? Its very unlikely that i need Annex B since only Germany uses it. When i originally got my Fritz!Box 7140 it didn't work with Annex B either so i knew that it would be Annex A.

I shall be ever so grateful if all the helpful people here can get me out of this mission impossible

kindest regards...rikrok321 :spocht:

Internet information under "itu g992.1": Sweden ist primarily annex a - but there are some providers that use annex b. So it mieght be only your provider who can give you the right answer on this question.

Alternativelay you can give it a try yourself, switch back modem function to annex b loading "telefonicus" archive "fritz_as_annex_a_kernel_args_newer.tar". If it works this was the problem. You can switch annex back again with the other-way-round "telefonicus" ....as_annex_b_...."

SECONDLY:
Look into your D-Link router and notice the data for

- VCI and VPI
- encapsulation

Register the same data manually on your FRITZ in "internet - dsl atm settings".

According to your description of the connector your connection might be some sort of cable network client (like ALICE in Germany). Try to find out connecting your "wall LAN cable" to LAN A (or 1) of your box and set "internet via LAN - use one internet connection for all computers"- and then "account information" and "connection settings" as well as "dsl atm settings" as said before (sometimes the box is not able to recognize atm settings automatically).

I agree with imagomundi. My guess if fiber comes to the building then to a ethernet switch with fiber WAN ports. Then ethernet to each room. In that case, the fritzbox needs to be configured with LAN 1 as the WAN port rather than the ADSL as WAN. I have done this with my fritzbox many times before when I travel and stay in hotels. Good.

DSL or Not? Mission accomplished

Dear friends,
Bundle of thanks for your kind assistance. Now i have been able to use my fibre Optic connection on LAN1with Annex A mode settings. And it works :cool::D
The settings in the end that i used were:

"Internet connection via LAN 1"
"Establish own Internet connection"
"No account information required (IP)"
"Obtain the IP address automatically (DHCP)"

Now the next challenge for me is to configure my VIOP account so i can use this router for VOIP services too. Just double checking with you guys... do you use a regular phone connected into Fon1 to use the VOIP services?

Thanks once again for providing all of us with such a useful and helpful service :p:p:p

Just wanted to answer your question with the 3 letters "yes" but the automatic forum manager answered that it should be at least 10. Therefore all this wording to wrap up my "yes".

FritzBox 7050 possibly faulty....Please help

Dear all,

I am new here looking for a solution to fix my FritzBox 7050. All five led are blinking every 1-2 seconds. Is there anything I can do to get it working? It started after I tried to convert it from Annex B to Annex A.
Thank you.

Without details you cannot expect a good answer to your question. Which firmware version or branding was the box when you got it? Which firmware number (14.04......) was it before trying to switch annex? Did you do/try any other modification before trying to convert the annex? Which method did you use to change annex?

[Edit frank_m24: Bitte benutzt CODE Tags für lange Ausgaben.]

Code:
BusyBox v1.1.2 (2007.03.12-13:19+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

HWRevision='76'
HWRevision_ATA='1'
HWRevision_BitFileCount=''
HWRevision_Reserved1='0'
ANNEX='B'
ANNEX_PTEST_FILE='ptest-results-0'
ANNEX_PTEST_HOST='192.168.178.20'
ANNEX_TEST='0'
OEM='avm'
OEM_DEFAULT_INDEX=''
OEM_tmp='avm'
Language='de'
Country='049'
TZ='CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00'
CONFIG_AB_COUNT='3'
CONFIG_ACCESSORY_URL='http://www.avm.de/fritzbox_apps.php?hardware=76&oem=avm&la
nguage=de&country=&version=14.04.31&subversion='
CONFIG_ANNEX='B'
CONFIG_ASSIST='y'
CONFIG_ATA='y'
CONFIG_ATA_FULL='n'
CONFIG_AUDIO='n'
CONFIG_AURA='n'
CONFIG_BLUETOOTH='n'
CONFIG_BLUETOOTH_CTP='n'
CONFIG_BUTTON='n'
CONFIG_CAPI='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_MIPS='n'
CONFIG_CAPI_NT='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_POTS='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_TE='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_UBIK='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_XILINX='n'
CONFIG_CDROM='n'
CONFIG_CDROM_FALLBACK='n'
CONFIG_DECT='n'
CONFIG_DSL='y'
CONFIG_ECO='n'
CONFIG_ENVIRONMENT='/var/env'
CONFIG_ENVIRONMENT_PATH='/proc/sys/urlader'
CONFIG_ETH_COUNT='2'
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_URL='http://www.avm.de/fritzbox-firmware-update.php?hardware=76&
oem=avm&language=de&country='
CONFIG_FON='y'
CONFIG_HOMEI2C='n'
CONFIG_HOSTNAME='fritz.fonwlan.box'
CONFIG_I2C='n'
CONFIG_INSTALL_TYPE='ar7_ubik2_4MB_2eth_3ab_isdn_nt_te_pots_wlan_50494'
CONFIG_JFFS2='n'
CONFIG_KIDS='y'
CONFIG_LED_NO_DSL_LED='n'
CONFIG_MAILER='y'
CONFIG_MEDIACLI='n'
CONFIG_MEDIASRV='n'
CONFIG_NAND='n'
CONFIG_NFS='n'
CONFIG_OEM_DEFAULT='avm'
CONFIG_PRODUKT='Fritz_Box_7050'
CONFIG_PRODUKT_NAME='FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050'
CONFIG_RAMSIZE='32'
CONFIG_RELEASE='1'
CONFIG_ROMSIZE='4'
CONFIG_SAMBA='n'
CONFIG_SERVICEPORTAL_URL='http://www.avm.de/fritzbox-service-portal.php?hardware
=76&oem=avm&language=de&country=&version=14.04.31&subversion='
CONFIG_STOREUSRCFG='y'
CONFIG_SUBVERSION=''
CONFIG_SWAP='n'
CONFIG_TAM='n'
CONFIG_TAM_MODE='0'
CONFIG_TR064='n'
CONFIG_TR069='n'
CONFIG_UBIK2='y'
CONFIG_UPNP='y'
CONFIG_USB='y'
CONFIG_USB_HOST_AVM='n'
CONFIG_USB_HOST_TI='n'
CONFIG_USB_PRINT_SERV='n'
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE='n'
CONFIG_USB_WLAN_AUTH='n'
CONFIG_VDSL='n'
CONFIG_VERSION='04.31'
CONFIG_VERSION_MAJOR='14'
CONFIG_VLYNQ='y'
CONFIG_VLYNQ0='1'
CONFIG_VLYNQ1='0'
CONFIG_VPN='n'
CONFIG_WLAN='y'
CONFIG_WLAN_1130TNET='y'
CONFIG_WLAN_1350TNET='n'
CONFIG_WLAN_GREEN='n'
CONFIG_WLAN_IPTV='n'
CONFIG_WLAN_WDS='y'
CONFIG_WLAN_WMM='n'
CONFIG_XILINX='n'
ermittle die aktuelle TTY
tty is "/dev/pts/0"
Console Ausgaben auf dieses Terminal umgelenkt
# cd /var/temp
-sh: cd: can't cd to /var/temp
# cd /var
# cd /temp
-sh: cd: can't cd to /temp
# cd /temp
# cd /var/temp
-sh: cd: can't cd to /var/temp
# cd temp
-sh: cd: can't cd to temp
# cd/temp
-sh: cd/temp: not found
# cd/var/temp
-sh: cd/var/temp: not found
# cd/var
-sh: cd/var: not found
# cd /var
# cd /temp
# Jan  1 01:35:07 firmwarecfg[796]: sign_wrapper_init - lib loaded
Jan  1 01:35:08 firmwarecfg[796]: voipd: stopped.
Jan  1 01:35:11 firmwarecfg[796]: igdd: stopped.
Jan  1 01:35:13 firmwarecfg[796]: multid: stopped.
Jan  1 01:35:14 firmwarecfg[796]: ctlmgr: stopped.
Jan  1 01:35:16 firmwarecfg[796]: dsld: stopped.
telefon: SIGTERM received!
Jan  1 01:35:17 igdd[805]: not running
Jan  1 01:35:18 usermand[806]: stopped.
Jan  1 01:35:18 dsld[809]: not running
Jan  1 01:35:18 multid[810]: not running
Jan  1 01:35:18 cltmgr[811]: not running
Jan  1 01:35:23 firmwarecfg[796]: MakeLanguagePath html=../html tail=tools/updat
e_not_signed.html -> ../html/tools/update_not_signed.html
Jan  1 01:35:23 websrv[414]: /cgi-bin/firmwarecfg(796): exit 26
Jan  1 01:35:28 firmwarecfg[838]: sign_wrapper_init - lib loaded
Jan  1 01:35:28 firmwarecfg[838]: MakeLanguagePath html=../html tail=flash.html
-> ../html/flash.html
Jan  1 01:35:31 websrv[414]: Signal: termination
Jan  1 01:35:31 websrv[422]: Signal: termination
Jan  1 01:35:31 websrv[423]: Signal: termination

Connection to host lost.

This is a copy of my trial using telnet. I hope this will help. I have also used the SolarWinds TFTP server and the mtd2.bin to downgrade the firmware before converting the annex. Thank you very much.

Still miss the answer to the question: What did you do with the box? How did you try to change annex?

Can you get the interface typing into your browser "http://192.168.178.1"? If you can do so go to "firmware update" and upload the "TELEFONICUS" archive "fritz_as_annex_a_kernel_args_newer.tar". Can download this from page 53, in the Thread "FritzBox auf AVM oder 1und1 setzen, ANNEX umsetzen"

Disregard messages "firmware not authorized by avm" upload anyway. At the end you will get message "firmware update fehlgeschlagen, Fehler: kein Fehler". If you gete this it's all o.k. Take box off power for 2 minutes and start again.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi,

Recently they have changed my line from 4800 kbit to 6400 kbit... my converted Fritz!Box has big problems to keep the line synced.. i have SNR of only 4 dB average with extremes down to -1 dB...
I'm pretty sure it's only the frits as my CISCO 800 series keeps reporting an SNR of 18dB.
Next to that, the download through the fritz is only 20KB/s (kilobyte) while the cisco easily achieves 550KB/s...

Do you have any suggestions???

gr, EA

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.