Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

rondunaway schrieb:
Will the conversion you mentioned above via ftp and the bootloader work with a branded FB such as a 1und1 or AOL FB? Or would there be additional steps/commands? Thanks.

the conversion works with all brands as it includes de-branding

Finally I did it with the recover programm and the change from avm to avme in telnet!thanks:)

FB Software

Does avm have a website to download the software that comes with the fb or is there away to convert it to english? Thanks.

HOWTO convert German 7050 AnnexB to English FW 14.04.26

This procedure worked like a charm for me:

1. Buy Black 7050 1&1 real cheap from Ebay.de, ship to Norway, unpack, connect only NW in LAN A and power, nothing else connected to 7050.
2. Google to posting #161 and #179 in this thread, think, modify text and start :)
2. Download english recovery FW 14.04.26 from AVM.de (ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox....box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.26.recover-image.exe)
3. Disable all NW adapters on PC except the LAN adapter I've got connected to LAN A on 7050. Keep NW-connections window open to monitor status of LAN adapter. Use regular straight NW-cable, not crossed.
4. Change IP address of LAN to 192.168.178.5
5. Open DOS window and type (without pressing ENTER)
ftp 192.168.178.1
6. Disconnect and reconnect power on 7050
7. Approx 0,5 seconds after LAN-card changed it's status to connected again, press ENTER in DOS-window.
8. Enter adam2 for user and adam2 for password on 7050 ftp-logon. (If you did not get the ftp-logon, repeat steps 5, 6 and 7. My first mistake was pressing ENTER to quickly)
9. Paste the following information into the DOS-window:
quote SETENV annex,B
quote SETENV HWRevision,76
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050_AnnexB
quote SETENV firmware_version,avme
quote SETENV firmware_info,14.04.26
10. Start the fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.26.recover-image.exe program. DO NOT reboot your PC if the program asks you to. Instead, just start the program again to finish the recovery.
11. Voila, my original Annex B 7050 with German FW 14.04.15 has now got English FW 14.04.26.

Thanks to telefonicus for his original postings.

rondunaway schrieb:
Does avm have a website to download the software that comes with the fb or is there away to convert it to english? Thanks.

When I say software I am referring to the software that is on the CD (soft firewall, diagnostics, etc.....).

rondunaway schrieb:
When I say software I am referring to the software that is on the CD (soft firewall, diagnostics, etc....).

Sorry, I had to delete one dot from your post in order to avoid being flamed for full-quoting again (tnx Novize) ;-)

No, AVM only ships the software with the Fritzboxes. You got to rely on your global-village neighbourhood. What exactly do you need?

software

telefonicus schrieb:
Sorry, I had to delete one dot from your post in order to avoid being flamed for full-quoting again (tnx Novize) ;-)

No, AVM only ships the software with the Fritzboxes. You got to rely on your global-village neighbourhood. What exactly do you need?

I would like to have the english version of the software to install on my PC. Thanks.

drageset schrieb:
This procedure worked like a charm for me:

1. Buy Black 7050 1&1 real cheap from Ebay.de, ship to Norway,
[...]
11. Voila, my original Annex B 7050 with German FW 14.04.15 has now got English FW 14.04.26.

Does Norway use the Annex B mode for ADSL over analog? Or do you connect to ISDN?

BTW, you would have only had to change the language branding variable:

quote SETENV firmware_version,avme

which could easily be done by updating the box with the file fritz_als_avme_new.tar (followed by the recovery).

Congratulations, however!

Hello!
I have gought a german Fritx 7050 and I find it gorgeous, anyway, I decided convert it into english version.

In this forum I have learned a popular method of changing into ENG interface in Fritz 7050 from the post #167 (telefonicus), but I tried another one.
The preparation to a procedure of 'my' procedure is identical as by telefonucus:
* LAN adapter has a fixed IP address, e.g. 192.168.178.5
* Disabling any IP-filtering or firewall
* accessing the LAN directly (not through an application software), PC <-> LAN A with the red cable
* set in Fritz menu DLS activated and WLAN deactivated

The only difference between both methods is in the telnet comand - this is:

echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

what changes only branding, not annex A (for this is another command: 'echo "annex A" > /proc/avalanche/env' which, for my knowledge, can be used after having ENG interface).

I get finally:
OEM='avme'
OEM_DEFAULT_INDEX=''
OEM_tmp='avme'
Language='de'
Country='049'
TZ='CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0'
CONFIG_AB_COUNT='3'
CONFIG_ANNEX='B'

They say this command is enough to get an ENG interface, but I have a problem :-(
The problem is:
1 - if I have a factory set "avm", I can load ONLY (deutsch) version 'fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe', this is loaded without hasitation, but - NO OTHER version of deutsch recover.exe can be loaded (result: still searching 192.168.178.2) !;
2 - loading this version (04.15.) in avme, the Fritz IS QUICKLY FOUND, but loading is finally stoped for incompability (OK)
3 - having changed to avme, NO ENG recover.exe is loaded (I tried 'fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.26.recover-image.exe'). I was trying 10 times in one approache or with rebooting PC.

- Does anyone know this method? What am I doing wrong?
- Does anyone know english recover.exe annex B version 04.15 what probably will make me possible to load successfuly? - any link? - or any other english versions instead?
On http://www2.skizzo3000.it/fritz/index.asp?id=15 I find nothing instead of en v. 04.26 :-((
Janeo

Do you live in Germany or Hungary? Otherwise you need Annex A for ADSL over analog line. If you are using ADSL over ISDN Annex B should work.

14.04.15 is the German version. You'll need 14.04.26 ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox....box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.26.recover-image.exe

Don't fiddle with your Fritzbox via Telnet or you'll get a permanent warning on your start page:

The modifications to your FRITZ!Box are not supported by the manufacturer

You can use Adam2 instead to make your changes. I have found that starting the recovery-image.exe first is the easyest way to make a relyable connection from your PC to the Fritzbox. The program will not work but now the bootloader is connected and you can enter the FTP commands. After you say "bye" do not disconnect, just start the recovery-image.exe program again and if it fails, just stay connected and start again. Click on next when you are prompted to disconnect.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks for your reply.
In Poland we have generally Annex A, also a few operators work on Annex B, but I do not use ADSL as I have cable TV/internet. Anyway, I still want to stay at Annex B not to change to much in the Fritz to avoide eventual troubles in updating firmware in the future what I think could be (maybe I am wrong and Adam2 prevents it).
At last, now for me the ENG interface is essential, not annex agent which I can change in the future.

You are right that after telnet command the ugly information in Fritz' Menu appears - but after making recovery.exe, the firmware is exchanged and this information disappear :) I check it!

I have no choice, I'll use your popular Adam2 as it works :D
Regards, Janeo

7140 + Annex A - doesn't take ENV variables

Hi,
I am trying to set a 7140 to Annex A using FTP with the above procedure
(have another box where I used the tar file to change to Annex A and that works but that doesn't then allow you to use the newer firmware updates, so now I have another box and try to use the official english Annex firmware on a German 7140)
I updated to the latest German firmware as Toetsje explained.
I can log in with FTP and set the the firmware_version to avme but it doesn't take the Annex, ProductID nor the HWRevision variables (and then of course the recovery image doesn't run ... although I could only get hold of fritz.box_fon_wlan_7140.annex.a.en.04.26 - not 04.22 as Toetsje described?? not sure if that makes any difference)
When I try modify the variables it says "environment variables not set", I have tried with a comma / space etc.
(I can also only get the environment variables one by one - the GET ENV to see all variables doesn't work)
the current env variables are:
ProductID Fritz_Box_7140
HWRevision 95.1.0.0
annex B

I also tried to use the Telnet "way" of changing the variables but the recovery...exe doesn't run after that either ...

What am I doing wrong, I guess I can't be that far off since it takes the firmware_version variable....

Thanks

juk11 schrieb:
(I can also only get the environment variables one by one - the GET ENV to see all variables doesn't work)
the current env variables are:
ProductID Fritz_Box_7140
HWRevision 95.1.0.0
annex B

Did you try this?
Code:
quote SETENV HWRevision,107
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7140_AnnexA
quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV kernel_args,annex=A
(if Adam2 then with commas else without!)

BTW quote GET ENV will store a file named env in your current directory i.e. where you started your command console (%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%). You better first cd to the directory of your choice.

Hi,
yes I tried the lines but they are not being accepted apart from the annex A and the one where you set it to avme (didn't try the kernel_args though)
I am always confused about the "with comma for adam2 - I am loging in with FTP and use the username/password : adam2 ... but I need to use it the variables without the comma (for annex and ....avme) otherwise it doesn't take them??

I saw the file being generated but with 0kb ... didn't try to read the files though..

I wonder if there is a difference in hardware between the box that Toetsje manged it on ...

juk11 schrieb:
Hi,
yes I tried the lines but they are not being accepted apart from the annex A and the one where you set it to avme (didn't try the kernel_args though)
I am always confused about the "with comma for adam2 - I am loging in with FTP and use the username/password : adam2 ... but I need to use it the variables without the comma (for annex and ....avme) otherwise it doesn't take them??

Don't use FTP, use the Adam2 bootloader's pseudo FTP commands instead.

I am login in at the boot up of the box using adam2 username and password... I guess that is the Adam FTP bootloader ...

Any ideas why it does take some of the variables but not the others (I followed the instructions of the suggestions in this thread)

thx

juk11 schrieb:
Any ideas why it does take some of the variables but not the others

What is your error message?

Did you eventually manage to store (and find) the env file? Don't give up if it didn't work, try again!

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.