Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

So "all" i have to change is rewire the 1 and 8 on the black part of the Y cable to the 2 middle ones?

better prolly if i make a new cable.... :
fritz.jpg

is that correct?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
problem is my Y-cable is a 8pins to 8 pins cable... so i can't connect it to our socket (which is 4 pins only)
make me wonder what the Y cable is doing internally

maybe i should read the manual once upon a time on how to actually connect that Y cable... might even help :eek:

/update... just did... now i get it :) i always thought the splitted part of the Y cable had to go into the fritz (so 2 times that cable in fritz and 1 time in socket)... but it's the other way around :p i'll prolly get it working now... (manuals are such boring literature... now what if tolkien would write those.... that could help, or not?

I have the Y-cable that came with the Austrian WLAN 7170 Annex A German which is the 4 pin with RJ-11 connectors for the two connectors that connect to the splitter.

So "all" i have to change is rewire the 1 and 8 on the black part of the Y cable to the 2 middle ones?

better prolly if i make a new cable.... :
fritz.jpg

is that correct?

There's an error in your scheme: On the Fritz-side the black and the yellow wire must be on Pin 1 and 8 (on the outermost pins) but NOT on 3&6.

Yes, it's correct now.

Sorry, but it's not. If FRITZ is the box's socket you have to wire from socket pin 3 to phone connector pin 4 and from socket 6 to phone connector 5. Only if FRITZ means the black telephone connector it would be correct (wiring on AVM Y cable: box pin 3 arrives at black telephone connector pin 1 and box pin 6 arrives on telephone connector pin eight)
Your drawing would be good for a 7050 telephone cable (which is separate from the DSL cable - wiring is different from Y cable).

I have made several new cables for the 7050 as well as to replace Y cables on different box models. So you can be sure I know about this.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
it's not that i don't want to believe you... but the telephone socket only has signal on 4 and 5... so it's hard to believe i would have to connect 6 with something...

Telephone (wall) sockets outside Germany generally contact only on 4 and 5. But you need TWO sockets where to connect the TWO Y cable endings. Don't you have a splitter (in some countries it's called filter) like this:

Anhänge

• adsl splitter.jpg
    adsl splitter.jpg
    8.3 KB · Aufrufe: 22
Does your Y cable have ONLY 4 Pins ( 1 and eight and 4 and 5) wired on the box side - maybe there is my erroneous understanding. I know the Y cable for Annex B boxes which I convert to Annex A.

my Y cable is a classic 8-8 to 8 connection... as i can't plug that into our filter (is 4 only) i need to make a new one... i think i can use the scheme i made in the image...

FRITZ side PIN 1 and eight are wired for ISDN - so your scheme will not work on an analogue telephone line. Does your filter look different to the one in my graphic? Can you get me an image/drawing? Which country are you?

i'm in Belgium...

adsl filter looks like this:
D1211.jpg

so...
1 and 8 are for isdn phones
4 and 5 are for dsl

then i still have 2,3,6 and 7.... which ones do i need for analog telephone?

As I already said several times: 3 and 6 (2 and 7 are also used for ISDN purposes). Does your filter have 2 line-in entrances for rj11 connectors (one for adsl-modem and one for POTS telephone)? On your grapfhic I can see only one - maybe the other one is on the non-visible side?

As I already said several times: 3 and 6 (2 and 7 are also used for ISDN purposes). Does your filter have 2 line-in entrances for rj11 connectors (one for adsl-modem and one for POTS telephone)? On your grapfhic I can see only one - maybe the other one is on the non-visible side?

annoyingly enough it's still not working... i've tried 1 and 8, 3 and 6 and when i call my phone number the phone does not start ringing...
now i'm not entirely sure i have the fritz box setup correctly... i haven't really setup anything for telephony (except the VOIP thing) so maybe i'm still missing there something?

the other RJ11 is not on the other side... there simply isn't one... not that it matters a lot... you just have to plugin another one of these things on top of each other and in the end you get 2 rj11's which you can use :) stupid system... but it works ;)

Okay guys, I was wrong since I didn't know AVM changed the pin allocation after the FBF 7050.
This is definitely the correct scheme for the jack of the FBF 7170:
Code:
1            -----      (ISDN 2A)
2            -----      (ISDN 2B)
3            -----      (analog)
4            -----      (dsl)
5            -----      (dsl)
6            -----      (analog)
7            -----      (ISDN 1A)
8            -----      (ISDN 1B)

it will work if you connect FRITZ wire (PIN/contact) 3 and 6 to one of your stupid rj11 AND REGISTER AND CONFIGURE CORRECT AND COMPLETE YOUR POTs LINE DATA ON YOUR Fritz box.
Take path "Einstellungen - Telefonie - Endgeräte". If any problem to do so post it here

i suppose that is
Settings > Telephony > Extensions
in the english version...

I have set up that it is an analog line it should listen to and i have set the number... i have set that Fon1 should react to all numbers (it does react when i test it with the VOIP and with the call list thingy)
Not really sure how the number should look like... i have set the number to the one i would normally dial with my mobile phone when i phone home... something like: xx xxx xx xx (9 digits and the first digit is a 0) which is how the numbers in .be look like... maybe i need to add the internation extension? maybe i should drop the 0? no idea...

I'm not really sure what you mean with:
COMPLETE YOUR POTs LINE DATA

there is btw absolutely no change in the leds on the fritz... the led of the phone fetznetz is always out... when i try to dial with the landline it gives the "occupied" sound
Also, the call list shows nothing when i try to dial with the landline...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
It only means: Tell the box that you areconnecting a telephone, that this telephone is an analog one and that its number is 0032.......... (I always include the country code - no idea if really necessary). And after that don't forget to configure in the box which number (a determined VoIP or the landline) to use as DEFAULT for outgoing calls. If you choose the landline: there is an internet telephony feature (don't have my English menu box at hand and don't have a landline connected to FRITZ) that asks if the landline should be used in case that a certain call cannot be routed through VoIP - this can become expensive if you make an international call believing that it is done by VoIP and in fact -because of a failure of your internet connection- it is done through the landline. The box LEDs always show if you use landline or VoIP -but if you don't get aware because the box is out of your sight or your mind ......

Hallo,

vielleicht kann mir jemand helfen. Habe insgesamt 6 FB ins Annex A gepatcht, davon 2 7170, 2 7050 und 2 FBFWlan. Nun, was mir auffält:

- ob die Synchronisierung klappt, scheint mit dem ADSL-Anschluss zu tun zu haben. An 2 Orten klappte es mit keiner Box, musste also ein Billig-Modem davor schalten.

Ist es tatsächlich so, dass es in solchem Fall nur diese Lösung gibt? Oder kann ich noch etwas ausprobieren?

Danke!

Wenn Du im Annex von B auf A umgestellt Boxen nimmst, gibt es meines Wissens nur diese Lösung. Problem liegt in der Qualität des Modems der Fritz, die zusätzlich noch belastet wird dadurch, daß das Modem unter Annex A auf anderen Frquenzen mit insgesamt geringerer Bandbreite arbeiten muß. Mit einer Original Annex A sollte es besser laufen, weil die gesamte Hardware-Konstellation auf die Annex/A Funktion abgestimmt ist.

Verrätst Du uns noch, welche Boxen es waren, die nicht syncten (ich vermute am ehesten die 7050 oder/und eine FBFWLan) Wenn's ne FBF WLan ist, kannst Du noch mit der Methode aus dem Thread von ANDILAO (/www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=165576) auf die 08.4.49 upgraden. Das könnte eine Qualitätsverbesserung auf der DSL-Leitung bewirken.
Bei der 7050 habe ich leider überhaupt keine Idee, bowohl ich selbst schon eine solche unter Annex A am Laufen hatte.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.