7170 and 3 analogue phones but with only 1 port???

zooster

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
I don't understand why it's stated that the 7170 can be connected up to 3 analogue phones if the analogue port is only 1. The 7050 has 3 port for 3 analogue phones, but how is it possible to manage up to 3 analogue phones(not more) with only 1 analogue port?! Is there an adapter?
If the connection goes in parallel then it can be connected more than 3 phones, but there is stated max 3, so i guess it's not a matter of parallel connection...

There is an adapter cable making from the one port (which is a triple-FXS, in fact) three normal FXS analogue ports you may connect phones to. The adapter is a standard accessory delivered with the box.

The 7050 has two phone jacks and one phone connector for a naked cable.

--gandalf.

Thanks that's what I supposed, then in this way it's possible to manage the single analogue phone as it was in a separeted port...
Gandalf, can you tell me whether the AnnexA patch works fine with 7170 as well?
Thank you.

Basically, one analoge FXS is only two wires. You'll find here in the forum a description of the wires in the cable, so you could make your own adapter if necessary. The vanilla 7170 comes with an adapter for TAE (German standard) only. I don't know about international editions.

As for the Annex A, I could not tell you as I am only a sporadic DSL user and most certainly not in Annex A regions ;-) However, you'll find other responses to that question soon... I guess ;-)

--gandalf.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.