7050 hängt sich mind. täglich auf

Ich hatte die gleichen Probleme, also ca alle 11 Stunden komplett crash.
Ich habe den Workaround von egn mal in die default.cfg eingebaut und seitdem (74 Tage) läuft die 7050 tadellos. Ich bekomme alle Anrufe mit und ansonsten läuft die Kiste zuverlässig.
Ist vielleicht ein bisschen "dirty", aber besser, als auf den Callmonitor zu vezichten.
Vielen Dank für den Tipp!

Gruß Henning

Hallo,

schon komisch. Jetzt ist die Kiste fast schon Monate lang ohne Probleme durchgelaufen. Die letzten 5 Tage jeden morgen um ca. 5h hat sich das Ding aufgehängt. Werde jetzt auch mal die Änderungen die hier schon gepostet wurden testen...

Gruß
Druide

Report on overheating Fritzbox 7050:

I made a post earlier in this thread about stability problems with the 7050 (hängt), and here is my followup: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3671090#post3671090

In short, the English text is available above, the German below. When I made the recommended heat-sink addition by Segor, whom I trust, AVM uses this as a flimsy excuse, to tech, then not to tech, then to tech, then not to tech, the product. So much for 'integrity'... Below I have translated the text with SYSTRAN. Sorry for mistakes in the translation.

Auf Deutsch:
Ich versuchte das Fritzbox 7050 für Monate, und nach der Überhitzung, die Kühlkörper, die auf sehr glaubwürdigem Rat vom besten lokalen Elektronikfachleutespeicher in Berlin, Deutschland, Segor in Berlin (ich könnte es nicht sofort nehmen indirekt) und neueres in Verbindung tretendes AVM anwendend basieren, stützen sie nicht die Vorrichtung, die nachher zuerst gesagt sie wurden hat. Einfach gegründet auf der schwachen Entschuldigung hat es die Kühlkörper gegeben, die an den überhitzenspänen angewendet werden. Diese Kühlkörper wurden auf ihrem Antrag entfernt, und während sie sagten, dass sie Technologie es danach wurden, änderten sie ihre Position wieder und gesagt wurden sie nicht.

Ein überhitzenprodukt ist ein überhitzenprodukt. Die Kühlkörper, angewendet dann entfernt, ändern nicht das angeborene Problem der Überhitzung.

Ich bin in der Computerindustrie für über 10 Jahre, seit den frühen neunziger Jahren gewesen und habe selten solche arme Unterstützung und Mangel an Vollständigkeit durch eine Firma über einem Produkt gezeugt, wie ich von AVM gesehen habe.

Außerdem wie Liebhaber und Fachleute wissen, sind ihre Gruppen die ersten, zum zu erneuern. Die Web site ip-phone-forum.de, hat ein böses aufhören-und-aufhören Buchstabe mit gesetzgebender Abteilung AVMS empfangen, weil gebildete Benutzer der IP-TelefonForen sehr technisch verbesserte firmwares für verschiedene Fritzbox Vorrichtungen bekannt gaben. Die Mikroprogrammaufstellung für die Fritzbox Vorrichtungen ist in der Doppelzüngigkeit: AVM gibt sie als Öffnenquelle, für die positive Werbung frei, aber, sobald jemand sie verwendet, um ihr Produkt zu verbessern, bildet AVM feindliches Rechtsverfahren. Es ist angenommen „Öffnenquelle“ und also lädt Innovation ein, und doch sendet AVM aufhören-und-aufhören Buchstaben AKA das RIAA oder das MPAA? Zusätzlich gibt es keine Garantiedichtung auf der Fritzbox Vorrichtung, dennoch alle mögliche Hardware-Zusätze, Verbesserungen, nur der Zusatz von einer kleinen Platte des entfernbaren Aluminiums, „Lücken die Garantie“.

Feindliches Rechtsverfahren AVMS gegen solch eine große, gut gemeint und ethisch-bleibende Gemeinschaft der Leute und Mangel AVMS an Vollständigkeit, Mittel dieses ist eine Firma, zum von klar zu steuern. Bereit sonst sein, keine Unterstützung zu erhalten, und zur Kandare als Kunde getreten sein.

Ich kann nur mich empfehlen, wenn Sie AVM kaufen müssen, es zu kaufen gebraucht von eBay, nicht stütze Einzelhandelsverkauf AVMS und nicht zahle übertriebene Preise für, was sein können, Trödel ohne Unterstützung.

I tried the Fritzbox 7050 for months, and after overheating, applying heat-sinks based on very credible advice from the best local electronics professionals store in Berlin, Germany, Segor in Berlin (I could not take it off-line immediately), and later contacting AVM, they will not support the device after having initially said they would. Simply based on the flimsy excuse there have been heat-sinks applied to the overheating chips. These heat-sinks were removed on their request, and while they said they would tech it afterwards, they changed their position again and said they would not.

An overheating product is an overheating product. Heat-sinks, applied then removed, do not change the innate problem of overheating.

I have been in the computer industry for over 10 years, since the early 90's, and have rarely witnessed such poor support and lack of integrity by a company over a product, as I have seen from AVM.

Furthermore, as hobbyists and professionals know, their groups are the first to innovate. The website ip-phone-forum.de, has received a nasty cease-and-desist letter from AVM's legal department, because ip-phone-forum's very technically literate users posted improved firmwares for various Fritzbox devices. The firmware for the Fritzbox devices is in duplicity: AVM releases it as open-source, for the positive publicity, but as soon as someone uses it to improve their product, AVM makes hostile legal action. It is supposedly 'open-source', and so invites innovation, and yet AVM sends cease-and-desist letters AKA the RIAA or MPAA? In addition, there is no warranty seal on the Fritzbox device, yet any hardware additions, improvements, only the addition of a small slab of removable aluminium, 'voids the warranty'.

AVM's hostile legal action against such a large, well-intentioned and ethically-abiding community of people and AVM's lack of integrity, means this is a company to steer clear of. Else be ready to get no support, and be kicked to the curb as a customer.

I can only recommend, if you must buy AVM, to buy it second-hand from eBay, not support AVM's retail sales, and not pay exorbitant prices for, what can be, junk with no support.

s2s2, unfortunately I can not understand your animosity against AVM. May be, AVM could not solve your specific problem, but please believe me, the Service of AVM is generally very very good. If you probe to solve your heating problem using self-made cooler, than it is your problem, not the problem of AVM. If you open the case of AVM fritzbox, you lose the warranty. And it is usually so, not only specific for AVM. The correct way to solve your problem was to report it to AVM BEFORE you opened the case. Usualy AVM is fair in such cases and repairs you your FritzBox or send you a new one. And please refer me one electronic product on the european market, which have 5 years of warranty.

To your "experiments" with heating. Casual I have also a little experience in cooling of power electronics and can say you followed things:
1. If AVM had really and generally cooling problems with 7050, we would heart about this. AVM can not hide such great disasters. But we heart only about a few specific cases.
2. If you find an overheated chip in your electronic device, you should ask first WHY. In 90% of all cases this chip is overheated not because of wrong cooling design, but because of electronic problems (short circuits, etc.) inside of himself or in other parts of device. A typically example is shorting in 7805 chip. In this case you can have 6-8V instead of 5V as supply voltage. Your chips will be hot, but not in all cases permanently destroyed.
3. If your electronic device do not have enough air flow, your chips can be particularly destroyed. Also here I can give you a typical example: low transistor of one of the output half-bridges is particularly shorted (for example 50 Ohm, or so). If the second (top) transistor is switched on, you gain 100 mA current in this part. The particularly destroyed transistor becomes hot.

Best regards,

I just want to add that AVM doesn't release the sources for the positive publicity, but only for that part where it is required by the license. And these releases are neither fast nor always complete.

Also it seems that the request from AVM to this website to not distribute original or modified versions of the firmware was not that nasty.

@Ralf: Ich will AVM hier nicht schön reden. Was die OpenSource angeht, bin ich voll deiner Meinung. Wahrscheinlich hatte ich aus dem Post #43 trotz Zweisprachigkeit (oder vielleicht gerade deswegen) nur die Hälfte verstanden (und zwar die andere als du).
Was ich da allerdings etwas in "Schutz" nehmen wollte ist top-Service von AVM, was die Hardware angeht. Das hatte ich persönlich mindestenz 3 mal wahr genommen und hatte hier kaum negative Meldungen diesbezüglich gehört. Es ist wirklich heutzutage nicht selbstverständlich, dass man 5 Jahre Garantie hat und meistens Geräte ohne wenn und aber ausgetauscht oder repariert bekommt.
Ich nenne als Beispiel nur fritzstick. Nach ein Paar Tage hatte das Ding von meinem Bekannten aus der 1und1-Packung seine Leistung stark nachgelassen. Ohne wenn und aber hatte ich es in meinem Namen bei AVM reparieren lassen. Ich weiß nicht, was sie an dem Stick gemacht hatten, hat aber nachher top funktioniert. bedenkt man, dass dieses 20-Euro-Artikel dadurch das mehrfache für AVM gekostet hat, würde man dieses Service schätzen.

Und zum Posting #43. Nach dem dritten Durchlesen macht es auf mich so einen Eindruck des beleidigten Kunden. Es ist zwar traurig, was dort beschrieben wird, man sollte aber nicht die tausende Sachen, die nicht miteinander zu tun haben in einen Haufen zusammen werfen.

MfG

Mein Kommentar bezog sich auch auf den Beitrag #43 und und nicht auf Deinen (bis auf das "want to add").

Das was Du geschrieben hast, sehe ich nämlich genau so: Ein Problem in der Serie wäre bekannt geworden. Und wenn ich ein defektes Gerät habe, auf das noch Garantie ist, dann lasse ich es umtauschen, anstatt selbst zu versuchen, es zu reparieren. Eben weil die meisten Hersteller die Garantie ablehnen, nachdem man selbst daran etwas gemacht hat. Das ist auch mein erster Rat an alle hier, die von Problemen berichten, die auch mit original Firmware auftreten.

Ich hatte auch nicht den Eindruck, daß Du AVM "schön reden" wolltest, und auch ich wollte AVM nicht "schlecht reden". Nach dem, was man liest, kam der Wunsch, hier keine Firmwares anzubieten, ja doch recht zivil rüber. Und daß sie die Quellen nicht wegen guter Publicity zur Verfügung stellen, sieht man schon daran, daß die Quellen von OpenSSL nicht mit dabei sind, was ihnen nicht schaden würde und tatsächlich einen guten Eindruck machen würde.

ebenfalls bin ich Deiner Meinung, daß die meisten hier den englischen teil besser lesen können als die generierte deutsche Übersetzung.

s2s2, unfortunately I can not understand your animosity against AVM. .... [information about over-voltage points]

Hermann,

It's very easy to understand my 'animosity', Lack of Integrity.
I did not hide any information from AVM, and shared with them everything I knew or did (The Open source Principal). They changed their position several times in regards to the issue. This is a lack of integrity.

The cease-and-desist letter I mention as 'nasty', which you seem to disagree with my assessment: without a general understanding of most legal matters, these letters seem cordial. They are usually written this way. While it may seem 'friendly' to the lay person, without any emotional tone; this type of correspondence is without prior contact or innovative steps, and a last resort. To use the legal hammer as a first step, is nasty [careless, fighting nasty, inappropriate, wrong in judgement..]. I saw no mention of prior communication or action, or innovation, towards ip-phone-forum.de; the biggest board providing the most support and information on AVM-products (and other similar) products to a 100 million+ person market. Seems like a slap in the face to a lot of fan-boys doing good. Piss on them, I say.

Back on topic of over-heating; you mention over-voltage. This had occurred to me, and you provide me so-far with 10x the support AVM ever did. :rolleyes: What points do I check, can you be more specific? It is the memory chips, the radio chip, and the small chip directly next to the two memory chips which run very hot. The larger 'AVM' chip runs cool, as do others. I have an electronic multi-meter.

Only a followup:

Any misunderstandings will be corrected. PM me.

Hermann has helped out a lot in the understanding of the problems with the 7050. He says the 7050 was an early model 'all-in-one' box from AVM and has some inherent stability problems. Witness, the number of people who want to modify the firmware, but only to add a reboot script to restart the unit once a day. Of course, now we have the AVM Police with the legal hammer to stop the board from discussion of such very useful and necessary things. Ah, but elimination of freedom of speech is nothing new to 'modern' Europe or the West. :rolleyes:

A 5050 was brought in to test some things. Both units get equally hot when idle. This is with no cables connected. Voltage points were checked and both units agreed: 3.24 volts. I have no digital circuit analyzer to get more into the specifics. Heat and voltage appear the same under the same demands.

Now I have done a lobotomy of the 7050 box. I completely cut open the top above the small square Texas Instruments chip which exhibits the most heat, and accommodated a large heat-sink, also one for the radio chip (without a sky-window).

I continue the discussion on other boards which do not behave so intimidated from the AVM Police, on discussing valid issues in a not-for-profit basis.

:groesste: ;)

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.