Sipdiscount DTMF on converted fon wlan (UK)

jimbo19

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I am having a problem with DTMF tones to sipdiscount , other providers work fine. Is there a setting anywhere on the Fritz!box fon wlan (08.04.02 international) that will pass the DTMF using sipdiscount ?
Or is this a known problem with sipdiscount

Thanks

:confused:

Hi!

DTMF-Tones are supressed by all Finarea Firms like Sipdiscount, Voipbuster ...

Sorry for my bad English. ;-)

Bye!

Thanks - your English is much better than my German !!!

gerdshi schrieb:
DTMF-Tones are supressed by all Finarea Firms like Sipdiscount, Voipbuster ...

I doubt that very much. With voipstunt's softphone I have used DTMF tones. What you will find is that DTMF tones depend largely on the codec that is used. If your box does not choose G.711 (which you have no control over) then most likely DTMF tones will not work.

Hi!

darbid schrieb:
I doubt that very much. With voipstunt's softphone I have used DTMF tones.
Well, if you read here in Forum you will see that it is so. You don't need to believe something - just read. ;-)
BUT, some People here in this Forum found a way that its work with the FBF now. I don't now yet why, but it works.

You must set the Option "infodtmfnotsupported = yes" to yes, like here. This Option is in voipd.cfg on every VoIP-Provider-Settings.

Remember, this is only for the Finarea Clone important, because they surpressed the DTMF-Tones. With this Option its work. I don't know why! No other provider need this option - it is then per default "no".
With GMX, Sipgate ... it works great without this (set to no).

What you will find is that DTMF tones depend largely on the codec that is used. If your box does not choose G.711 ... then most likely DTMF tones will not work.
Wrong! Only very high Compression Codecs like G729 or G723 will not work (may be). And this only when DTMF is send as inband audio-tone.
You sholud now, that the SIP-Standart doesn't send DTMF ONLY inband as audio-tone!

I use G726-32 and its works great with GMX, Sipgate and now with Finarea too. The same with iLBC over Denotos. So... ;-)

But it is possible too, that maybe Finarea changed something (some Settings).
And of course it is important to know with what for device you try to send DTMFs. I speak here for AVM FB only. If you use another - ok, with this is it maybe no problem to send DTMFs.
But, i think it would be a good Idea to write it here down, beacuse for very much People it would be interesting to know what Device works with Finarea for sendig DTMF-Tones, because this Question was here so often....

When you speak about your AVM 7050 and without Changes - then you are the first person that say that its works. ;-)

Greetings
P.S. Please aplogy for me bad English.

gerdshi schrieb:
Well, if you read here in Forum you will see that it is so. You don't need to believe something - just read. ;-)
BUT, some People here in this Forum found a way that its work with the FBF now. I don't now yet why, but it works..

May I suggest you read my post more carefully. I made the suggestion that in principle stunt and DTMF tones work with a softphone.

gerdshi schrieb:
Wrong! Only very high Compression Codecs like G729 or G723 will not work (may be). And this only when DTMF is send as inband audio-tone.
You sholud now, that the SIP-Standart doesn't send DTMF ONLY inband as audio-tone!.

Well that is what I said. One reason why DTMF tones do not work is the codec negotiated by SIP. There are many different codec used in the world. Pity that AVM does not realise that.

gerdshi schrieb:
I use G726-32 and its works great with GMX, Sipgate and now with Finarea too. The same with iLBC over Denotos. So... ;-).

Good to know.
gerdshi schrieb:
P.S. Please aplogy for me bad English.
no need to.

How to set infodtmfnotsupported on FB ATA 1020

Thanks for the tip about setting this parameter for sipdiscount -- I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms: DTMFs don't work on the Fritzbox, but do work on my PC softphone.

With the 1020, it is possible to save the boxes settings out to a text export file, in which parameters for each SIP provider appear nicely grouped. These parameters include the 'infodtmfnotsupported' parameter. However, this file contains some sort of checksum, probably in the asciified binary at the bottom. This means that:

1. The unaltered file may be read back into the same Fritzbox without problems.
2. Editting the appropriate 'no' to 'yes' and attempting to read the modified file back in results in the message "This file is not a valid configuration file."

Is there some trick to either recompute the checksums on this file, or make the same change via the Fritzbox GUI? Alternately, is there a way to actually telnet, SSH or otherwise log into the box in order to change the config file stored there?

Thanks for any info.

Maybe there is a way...

just do a printout of the textfile.
Study it very well!!!!!

Check out all the values set to 'yes'.
If you find one you are very sure to set it to 'no', do so!
Now you shold be able to set "infodtmfnotsupported" to 'yes' without altering the files checksum. :p

Alternatively you can SSH (or telnet) to your box and edit the file voip.cfg by using the following command:

nvi /var/flash/voip.cfg

Remember: if you are NOT shure about using nvi (same syntax as vi) as an editor, you can unrepairable damage your box!!! :mad:

Joe

Tried games with checksum, no go

Nice try, Joe, but no cigar:

1. The yes/no swap was still caught by the Fritzbox as an invalid config file.

2. It is not possible to either telnet or SSH to the Fritzbox ata 1020.

Thanks anyway.

Hi!

You should use the "nvi" Editor to make the changes!
This script make copy of the Config File in someone temp-Directory and after the Saving, back to the original place. Its a wrap-around-script for "vi".

After the changing to yes you should restart the box imediately, because by me, the Box change the seting to no again, automaticaly, as soon i make some changes in the in the VoIP-Provider list. Whe i reboot imediately it stay yes...

The last thing that i see is, that now DMTF inband sending (as Audio-Tone) works very good.
But i'm 100% sure that at the beginning of this Year the sending of DTMF-Tones definitely don't worked. It seems that Finarea has chaned some options.

IMHO
Bye

Not possible to access FB ATA 1020 via SSH or Telnet

Hallo Gertschi,

Vielen Dank für deine Antwort. Leider beim ATA 1020 ist es mir noch nicht gelungen, Zugriff durch SSH oder Telnet zu bekommen. Scheinbar bin ich angewiesen, die Einstellung entweder über den GUI oder das Config-File zu ändern.

Ich habe eine Anfrage beim AVM-Support eingereicht. Hoffentlich wird etwas nutzliches davon entstehen. Aber das letzte Mal, das ich eine Frage über ein Config-File-Problem eingereicht habe, die Antwort war, "Setzten Sie den FB auf den Werkeinstellungen zurück, und nehmen Sie Ihre eigene Einstellungen vom null per GUI wieder vor!" (Yawn)

Gruss, ceb

Hi!

Neine, ueber AVM bekommst du keine Hilfe in der Richtung. Im gegenteil, AVM sind solche Manipulation exterm unangenehm.

Es gab schon mal hier im Forum gepatchte Firmware - es folgte ein Verbot und wurden von Forum entfernt.
In der neue Firmware findet eine Ueberpreufung statt und auf der Config-Seite kommt eine Warnung. Ok man kann sie igornierenm aber dennoch ist es AVM unangenehm.

Bevor du SSH hinkriegst muesstest du das Telenet einrichten hinkriegen. - Suche mal hier im Forum nach Telnet und/oder Telefonkod.

Am sonsten kannst du nach den Fritzbox Editor (FBEditor) suchen - er kann direkt fuer dich die Dateien editieren. Du brauchst dich dann nicht mehr mit telnet oder sonstiges rumschlagen - das macht der Editor fuer dich.

Gruss

FBeditor hat die Einstellung geändert, aber das Problem ist nicht gelöst

Vielen Dank für den Hinweis übers FBEditor,

Mit dem Werkzeug könnte ich erfolgreich die Einstellung umzustellen, die veränderte Config-Datei wieder importieren , und sogar zwecks Testen wieder exportieren.

Aber auch nach der Änderung auf infodtmfnotsupported = yes, wurden die DTMF-Töne immerhin nicht übertragen.

Sonst welche Idees?

Danke und Gruss, ceb

Hi!

Ich wuerde dennoch raten telnet zu starten und nachzuschauen ob die Einstellung auch auf Yes geblieben ist.
Hast du die Box neu gestartet? Bei mir setzt sie sich wieder zurueck zu no, wenn ich es nicht tuhe.

Aber am sonsten weiss ich auch nicht mehr. Ich bin jetzt von Sipdiscount zu Webcalldirect umgestiegen aber das ist ja eh da gleiche und daran kann es nicht liegen, denn vorher mit Sipdiscount hat es auch geklappt.

Gruss

Box ist neugestartet

Jawohl, ich habe den Box neu gestartet. Meines Erachtens ist weder Telnet noch SSH auf dem 1020 vorhanden, aber wie gesagt, ich habe die Kofiguration nach dem Start neu heruntergeladen, um um festzustellen, das die Änderungen tatsächlich wirksam war.

Einzige Möglichkeit -- ich habe die Änderunge auf 'yes' lediglich bei den Einstellungen fürs sipdiscount vorgenommen. Hätte ich eine ähnliche Änderung bei den anderen Provider auch machen müssen?

Gruss,

ceb

Hi!

ceb schrieb:
Jawohl, ich habe den Box neu gestartet. Meines Erachtens ist weder Telnet noch SSH auf dem 1020 vorhanden...
Bitte, bemuehe doch mal die Suchfunktion endlich hier in Forum!
Natuerlich ist SSH nicht drauf! Auf keiner Box ist es!
Ob Telnet drauf ist kann ich nicht sagen, bezweifele aber, das bei dir eine Ausnahme gemacht wird, es sei den es wird ein komplet anderes Betriebsystem benutzt. Dann duerfte der FBEditor aber nicht mehr funktionieren!

Einzige Möglichkeit -- ich habe die Änderunge auf 'yes' lediglich bei den Einstellungen fürs sipdiscount vorgenommen. Hätte ich eine ähnliche Änderung bei den anderen Provider auch machen müssen?
Nein. Nur auf Sipdiscount ist richtig, es sei den du willst die Option auch fuer die andere Anbietern einschalten.

Setzt dich endlich mit dem Thema Telnet auseinander und schau dir was dort ausgegeben wird, sobald du eine Verbindung etabliert wird. Danach schau was passiert wenn du einzelne DTMF-Toene uebertraegst.

Gruss

Ergebnisse - Unterschied

Hatte den FBEditor lediglich as Dateiverarbeitungswerkzeug benutzt, aber es stimmt - es kann die Einstellung von FB abladen.

Habe auch Telnet enablen müssen, mit #96*7*. Danach ist es gegangen.

Beim Sipdiscount, erhalte ich:

Jun 14 10:38:19 voipd[354]: dtmf_reveived(appl=3 plci=0x1404 ncci=0x11404 incoming): 1 "#"
Jun 14 10:38:19 voipd[354]: >>>udp Request: INFO sip:[email protected]:5060
Jun 14 10:38:19 voipd[354]: <<<udp Status: 401 Unauthorized

Beim anderen Anbieter (sipphone) wo die Töne funktionieren:

Jun 14 10:41:01 voipd[354]: dtmf_reveived(appl=3 plci=0x404 ncci=0x10404 incoming): 1 "#"
Jun 14 10:41:01 voipd[354]: >>>udp Request: INFO sip:[email protected]:5060
Jun 14 10:41:01 voipd[354]: <<<udp Status: 200 OK

M. E., wenn die Einstellung infodtmfnotsupported beachtet wäre, hätte es keinen INFO-Request auslösen sollen, oder?

Hi!

ja, es ist richtig das wenn die DTMF-Toene inband uebertragen werden eigentlich keine "dtmf_reveived" kommen duerfen. So ist es zumindets bei mir - egal ob der Anrufende oder der Angerfufene die DTMF-Toene produziert.

Bei mir beim Aufbau der Verbindung ganz am Anfang kommt ein (welches bei andere Anbieter die bei mir auf NO sind, nicht kommt)
Jun 14 13:16:37 voipd[982]: call to sip:[email protected] established
Jun 14 13:16:37 voipd[982]: switched to inband DTMF
Nachher beim eingeben der DTMF-Toene kommt bei mir kein(e)
Jun 14 13:17:58 voipd[982]: dtmf_reveived(appl=5 plci=0xc05 ncci=0x20c05 incoming): 1 "1"
Jun 14 13:17:58 voipd[982]: >>>UDP Request: INFO sip:[email protected]:5060
Jun 14 13:17:58 voipd[982]: <<<UDP Status: 200 Ok
Bei mein GMX VoIP-Anbieter dagegen (davon ist der Beispielausschnitt hier, dagegen schon, da dort diese Option auf NO steht.)

Aber wieso es bei dir dennoch zum "dtmf_reveived" kommt?! Keine Ahnung.
Ich habe selbst diuesen Tip hier aus dem Forum bekommen, daher...
Tut mir Leid, aver ich bin am Ende mit meinem Latein.

Koennte es daran liegen das du in USA anrufst und Finarea zwischen Provider hat bei den dann die DTMF Toene durch zu starke Audiokomprimierung beschaedigt werden und nicht richtig ankommen? Manche Provider haben die gewohnheit intern mit G729 zu arbeiten und ich weiss nicht wie er mit DTMF klar kommt. Theoretisch duertfe er gar nicht klar kommen.

Gruss

Schluss

Es kommt bei mir keine Meldung "Switched to inband DTMF", also es ist klar, der Fritzbox ATA 1020 ignoriert diese Einstellung. Wozu dann ist es eigentlich da?

Anruf in den USA hat damit nichts zu tun -- es funktioniert mit Eyebeam.

Ich habe eine Firmware-Änderung bei der AVM beantragt. Falls sie mir nicht entgegenkommen, dann wird es hier berichtet.

Danke und Ende (vorläufig).

ceb

AVM refuse to un dumb-down their software

This time I write in English, as the original question was in English.

I heard back from AVM about my request to provide new firmware to reenable the setting that Gertshi describes above for the Fritzbox ATA 1020.

They refused to even talk about it, but instead came back with a sanctimonius lecture about not supporting users who make modifications not through their approved interfaces. This even though the discussion has proven that they broke their box, and that DTMF tones worked with the provider in question prior to this change.

I find this adversarial stance towards customers a bit disturbing! Companies I have known who behave this way go out of business.

This is my first AVM Fritzbox product. It may be my last. Too bad -- there are many things about it which are done exactly right. But the degree of user configuration is simply not sufficient for the environments in which it must operate.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.