Probleme mit push_firmware ouf 7390

hostx9

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hallo, ich habbe probleme mit push_firmware. Auf dem box sind keine unterschide nach executen dies comand. Was mache isch falsch? Mus ich dem box vor configurien? Auch mit Factory reset ist der ergebniss als es unten gepostet ist. Auf dem box seiche isch keine verendarungen.

Das image is zu gross deshalb muss ich das external file benutzen. Ich habe das external image schon auf dem box geladet. Habbe ich etwas falsch gemacht beim configuriren?

Hir sind die ergebnisse von flachen und unter ist auch der config.

Auf dem box ist FritzOS version 6.87. Alle versuche es dowranden habben gescheitert und ich kan nich einen alten image finden.

Code:
jan@jan-VirtualBox-mint:~/freetz-ng$ tools/push_firmware -ms -ip 192.168.8.40

* Using command: ncftpput
 * Target host: 192.168.8.40
 * Outgoing IP: 192.168.8.106
 * Flash mode: single-boot

!!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!!
 !!!  THERE IS NO WARRANTY AT ALL !!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK   !!!

* Are you sure, that you want to flash this file to the device?
   images/7390_06.87.int_freetz-ng-21589-4c08dd921_20230520-223140.image
   Proceed? (y/[n]) y

* You should now reboot your box (192.168.8.40). Waiting for shut down.
   Switch off, if reboot is not detected because it happens too quickly.
   Some newer bootloader versions allow to flash on power-cycle only.
 * No reply from box, assuming switch-off or restart. Trying to re-detect box.
   Waiting ...... found!

* Box is back up again, initiating transfer.

LibNcFTP 3.2.5 (January 17, 2011) compiled for linux-x86_64-glibc2.31
Uname: Linux|jan-VirtualBox-mint|5.15.0-71-generic|#78-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 18 09:00:29 UTC 2023|x86_64
Contents of /etc/debian_version:
  bookworm/sid
Contents of /etc/issue:
  Linux Mint 21.1 Vera \n \l

Glibc: 2.35 (stable)
220: FRITZ!BoxFonWLAN7390 FTP server ready.
Connected to 192.168.8.40.
Cmd: USER adam2
230: User @SkipAuthFromHomenetwork logged in.
Logged in to 192.168.8.40 as adam2.
Cmd: MEDIA FLSH
500: 'MEDIA FLSH': command not understood.
Cmd: TYPE I
200: Type set to I.
Cmd: MLST mtd1
500: 'MLST mtd1': command not understood.
Cmd: PASV
227: Entering Passive Mode (192,168,8,40,176,55)
Cmd: STOR mtd1
150: Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'mtd1'.
/tmp/freetz_MUw:                   ETA:   0:03   12.81/ 14.15 MB  544.92 kB/s  226: Transfer complete.
/tmp/freetz_MUw:                                        14.15 MB  580.42 kB/s
Cmd: REBOOT
500: 'REBOOT': command not understood.
Cmd: QUIT
221: Goodbye.

done
jan@jan-VirtualBox-mint:~/freetz-ng$

Anhänge

• config.txt
    83.8 KB · Aufrufe: 2
220: FRITZ!BoxFonWLAN7390 FTP server ready.
Das ist NICHT der FTP-Server in EVA.

(This isn't the right FTP server from EVA (the bootloader), it's the "regular" FTP server of FRITZ!OS.)

And by the way: You'd better use another language (maybe English?) to describe further problems - please don't take it as an offense, but the German text in #1 is (very) hard to read.

Thank you for letting me use English since my German... is not good at all :D

But this is the only connection I get. I can't connect to the EVA FTP-Server even thou I've done all the necessary to guarantee a proper connection. I've tried quite a few times but every time it tells me the connection is refused.
Here is more to it:
Code:
jan@jan-VirtualBox-mint:~/freetz-ng$ tools/push_firmware -ms

* Using command: ncftpput
 * Target host: 192.168.178.1
 * Outgoing IP: 192.168.178.21
 * Flash mode: single-boot

!!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!!
 !!!  THERE IS NO WARRANTY AT ALL !!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK   !!!

* Are you sure, that you want to flash this file to the device?
   images/7390_06.87.int_freetz-ng-21589-4c08dd921_20230520-224344.image
   Proceed? (y/[n]) y

* You should now reboot your box (192.168.178.1). Waiting for shut down.
   Switch off, if reboot is not detected because it happens too quickly.
   Some newer bootloader versions allow to flash on power-cycle only.
 * No reply from box, assuming switch-off or restart. Trying to re-detect box.
   Waiting .................................................... found!

* Box is back up again, initiating transfer.

LibNcFTP 3.2.5 (January 17, 2011) compiled for linux-x86_64-glibc2.31
Uname: Linux|jan-VirtualBox-mint|5.15.0-71-generic|#78-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 18 09:00:29 UTC 2023|x86_64
Contents of /etc/debian_version:
  bookworm/sid
Contents of /etc/issue:
  Linux Mint 21.1 Vera \n \l

Glibc: 2.35 (stable)
Could not connect to 192.168.178.1: Connection refused.
Sleeping 20 seconds.
Retry Number: 1
Sleeping 20 seconds.
Retry Number: 2
ncftpput: cannot open 192.168.178.1: remote host refused connection.
jan@jan-VirtualBox-mint:~/freetz-ng$

PS: I don't know why fda77 at GitHub is such an upsetting person, can't even ask for help. I've made two post and he considered it spam because I was also asking at this forums the same thing, I don't get it. Why can't I ask for help on two different locations? Is it spam to ask for help politely and non intrusive? He could just at leas say that I should seek help here if he is so upset about it... I just can't get it :rolleyes:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
You could try to read my description regarding the "recovery process" using a translation service from the web: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/wie-recovere-ich-eigentlich-richtig.299790/post-2280100

After you've got connected to the right FTP service (namely the one from EVA), you have simply to write the file kernel.image from the build/modified/firmware directory of your build system to partition mtd1 (EDIT: only for the 7390 model - don't try this with later products without further research or w/o an attempt to get more info by reading).

There are multiple options to connect to the right service, while you're using the correct setup (hardware AND software).

Beneath the usage of my shell scripts (https://github.com/PeterPawn/YourFritz/tree/main/eva_tools -> description may be found here: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threa...n-aus-yourfritz-eva_tools.298591/post-2264928 and the files are usually already available from your build tree, somewhere in tools/yf) you may try the trick, using a "wrong recovery program" (for another FRITZ!Box model), too.

If this program has found the device starting (follow its instructions, really!) and detected the wrong hardware version (from variable HWRevision), it will leave the router device in the needed state - waiting in the FTP server mode of EVA and ready for the next connection.

EDIT: And please don't try to flash the router from a virtual machine ... it will add another level of complexity to your setup, because the network configuration of the VM MUST use a "bridged network" (the process needs broadcast messages and only a bridge will usually provide this feature within a VM) and mostly a default setup uses a "NAT configuration".

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: hostx9
Thank you so much for your help!!! It's quite hard for me to find this source of information since I'm not that good with German, thank you for all those links.

I've successfully flashed my 7930. Using ftp 192.168.178.1 in windows PowerShell so that I've got the device in the FTP EVA mode. Than I've used my VM to do the rest with tools/push_firmware. I just unplugged the UTP cable to simulate a power down disconnection in the flashing script and it worked just fine.

I wasn't aware that using the VM should stil be an issue even when using a bridge connection which I was using all the time from the beginning. Especially not because in the Freet-ng guide there it's said you can use a VM but, nobody states there (or at least I didn't found one) that you shouldn't use a VM to connect to your box.

Again thank you so much for helping me out I've spent a lot of time solving this problem myself since I'm not that type of person to ask at forums, I usually only read them, but in this situation I've had really a hard time to get pass the first step to flash the image. I just didn't found a good source of information on what to do when it doesn't goes right.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
tom spappola
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.