I Need Advice on Integrating IP Telephony with Legacy PBX Systems

bakon72915

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hey guys... :)

I am relatively new to the world of IP telephony and I am looking for some advice on integrating it with an older PBX system we still use at my workplace. While I've read through some guides and online resources, I'm finding it difficult to get a clear picture of the best approach for this transition and I wanted to tap into the experience of this community.
I also check this: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/verkaufe-grandstream-gxe salesforce-dev But I have not found any solution. Could anyone guide me about this?

Specifically, we have an older analog PBX system that still handles a portion of our internal and external calls, but we are slowly moving towards a VoIP setup for greater flexibility and cost-efficiency. I'm aware that there are devices like gateways that can bridge these systems, but I'm curious about how practical they are in real-world usage.

Some of the questions I have are:
  • What are the key challenges I should be aware of when using a gateway to connect a traditional PBX with an IP-based system?
  • Are there any brands or models of gateways that you would recommend for this kind of setup?
  • Is it worth considering a complete migration to IP telephony, or is a hybrid system a better approach for a slow transition?
  • How difficult is it to manage both systems simultaneously in terms of maintenance and troubleshooting?
Thanks in advance!

We need more information about this older PBX system. From which manufacturer, which model and which firmware version is the older PBX sysem? How many telephone devices on which ports are currently in use?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.