How to add a script??

zooster

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
It has been suggested to me to add this script to make work dyndns:
wget -O - "http://USER:p[email protected]/nic/update?hostname=HOST.dyndns.org" | cat
and after
Put it with some "sleep 60" into your /var/flash/debug.cfg in the background to execute. It will update once.
The thread is this, but I haven't understood how to add that script to the 7050.
Can anyone suggest to me a "step by step for dummy" explanation to make it work?
Thanks.

You have to get telnet access first. Upload the attached file as a firmware update (it's just a pseudo update; you can untar the image and have a look at ./var/install if you want to check what it actually does) and login via telnet with your web password:
Code:
telnet <ip-of-box> 23
Now you have fully operable linux in front of you. Google for the editor vi an learn how to use it. Then type
Code:
nvi /var/flash/debug.cfg
Never ever use vi at this file, always use the wrapper script nvi! The content of /var/flash/debug.cfg is executed at boot time, so you could also add
Code:
/usr/sbin/telnetd -l /sbin/ar7login
to have permanent telnet access (with the image attached, telnet access is gone after a reboot).

After editing you should restart the box, because a firmware update (also pseudo ones) stops all necessary daemons for Internet access.

Regards,
danisahne

Anhänge

• starttelnet.image.tar
    2.5 KB · Aufrufe: 4
I already can connect by telnet to the box without any image...
Where do I have to put that script? In debug.cfg?? What command do I have to use in NVI?

danisahne schrieb:
Google for the editor vi an learn how to use it. Then type
Code:
nvi /var/flash/debug.cfg
Never ever use vi at this file, always use the wrapper script nvi!
Like I said. Edit the file with nvi.

I'm noob, and I don't wanna destroy my box. Can you bother to tell me exactly what I have to type once connected in telnet? I don't understand those commands, and I don't wanna damage anyhting.
NVI? And how to edit that file adding that string, even if the string had to be inserted there... just act plz as I am a noob :)

Can I add that string as a pseudo image?? How to build a pseudo image?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.