FritzBox Fon Wlan festnetz Anrufen im Ausland funktioniert nicht

darbid

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
For English see under the German as this problem is a non-German problem and you may be better placed to answer it.

Es geht um eine FBF Wlan Classic Artikel-Nr: 2000 1665, die in Australien ist. Sie bringt uns ins Internet und VoIP telefonieren funktioniert einwandfrei.

Nachdem wir die Festnetznummer eingestellt haben, und ich eine Zweidrahtleitung (Kabel) in den "Line" Port gesteckt habe, konnte ich nicht mehr ins Fetznetz telefonieren. Ich koennte mit der Einstellung einen Fehler gemacht haben, aber bevor die Box nach Australien geschickt wurde, funktionierte die Einstellung in Deutschland.

Ich habe gemerkt, dass sobald ich die Zweidrahtleitung in den port stecke, ein Schalter in der Box den Kreis schliesst. Ich habe diese Tatsache bestaetig, indem ich ein "Testfone" mit der Box verbunden und das Testfone ueberwacht habe.

Als ich ein Multimeter benutzt habe, fand ich einen Kurzschluss zwischen Anschlussstift 4 & 5, sowie 3 & 6 von dem RJ-45 Port.

Ist der "Line Port" fuer einen "Analog POTS" Kreis geeignet, oder ist er nur fuer ISDN geeignet?

My question is about the FBF Wlan Classic Artikel-Nr: 2000 1665 which is in Australia. We can use it to get into the internet and VoIp works fine. Before I sent it to Australia I used it here with a fixed line and all worked fine.

After configuring the unit to use the fixed- line network, I plugged a 2-wire line cord into the 'Line' port & tried to make a few test calls, which failed.

Upon further investigation I noticed that as soon as I plugged the line cord into the port, the box would loop/seize the pstn line. I prove this by connecting a test phone across the line & monitoring it.

Using a multimeter, I found that there is a short circuit between pins 4 & 5 as well as 3 & 6 of the RJ-45 port.

Is the 'Line' port suitable for use with an analog POTS circuit or is it configured for ISDN only?

darbid schrieb:
Using a multimeter, I found that there is a short circuit between pins 4 & 5 as well as 3 & 6 of the RJ-45 port.

Is the 'Line' port suitable for use with an analog POTS circuit or is it configured for ISDN only?
The FBF uses pin 1 and 8 for the analog signal. Pins 3-6 are the ISDN pins.

The FBF comes with an adapter that connects the pins 1 and 8 to the corresponding pins of German telecom sockets. So you have to build such a adapter yourself connecting pin 1 and 8 to the Australian telephone line.

But there are still some hints, as the timing and voltage levels of the telephone standard in Australia differs from these in Germany. There is a good chance that it works, but no guarantee.

Same problem is with internal analog phones connected to the FBF. Due to different voltage and timing standards, there might be problems.

Regards,
jogruni

jogruni schrieb:
But there are still some hints, as the timing and voltage levels of the telephone standard in Australia differs from these in Germany. There is a good chance that it works, but no guarantee.

Same problem is with internal analog phones connected to the FBF. Due to different voltage and timing standards, there might be problems.

Thanks so much for the reply. An analog phone already works with VoIP so we are hoping that these things will not be a problem.

Is that what Novize meant here? but for USA. Hat Novize das hier gemeint aber fuer die USA?
Gibt einige Beiträge dazu :wink:
Die Fritz in den USA anzuschliessen, ist kein Problem, solange Du den Telefonanschluss der Box richtig mit dem Telefonnetz der USA verbindest:
Fritz Fon-Netz analog: Pin 1/8
USA Fon-Netz analog (meistens) Pin 3/4
Also ab mit den Drähten der Festnetz-Telefonleitung auf eine Netzwerk-CAT-Dose auf Pin 1/8 und dann mit Netzwerk-Patchkabel mit der Box verbinden!

When anyone else has had a similar problem in another country can you please tell me about it. Especially USA as it is easier to then know how to fix the problem in Australia when we campare to the USA.

darbid schrieb:
Thanks so much for the reply. An analog phone already works with VoIP so we are hoping that these things will not be a problem.
That is a good sign that things might work.

darbid schrieb:
Is that what Novize meant here? but for USA. Hat Novize das hier gemeint aber fuer die USA?
I would say so. Connect pin 1/8 to pin 3/4 of the telephone socket and it should work. ATTENTION I can give no warranty that the FBF might not be damaged, but that's what I would try!

Joachim

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.