An easy (and stupid) way to damage fritz.... [help]

petros888

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Here is a really stupid way to make your fritz unaccessible! :mad:

I telnet fritz and typed "nvi /proc/avalanche/env" to check "firmware_version avme"
After that, I typed ": q" to exit nvi, but fritz did't return me to the prompt; it shut down telnet (!).

After this, fritz was unaccessible :noidea:
I run recover and got the following:

Code:
[FONT="Fixedsys"]C:\>recover -f de.image
recover: Firmware von de.image geladen
recover: Suche FRITZ!Box ...
recover: FRITZ!Box 192.168.178.1 (192.168.178.1:5035)
recover: Uebertrage kernel.image (711168)
recover: kernel.image uebertragen
recover: Uebertrage filesystem.image (2240512)
recover: filesystem.image uebertragen[/FONT]

but fritz is still unaccessible (no web, no telnet, no ping, no USB). :noidea:
I can access it only by FTP 192.168.178.1 during startup.
Even worse, no tone feedback when giving phone commands (f.e. #96*7*), and no LEDs on, when picking up the analog phone. Fritz seems dead...

Guys, sorry to bother you, but do you have any ideas?

Petros

Petros!

As you didn't tell us what Fritz!Box you are using and what recovery tool you just installed, it is about us to guess what problem you have. :noidea:

To check the version it would be much more better using the command
cat /proc/avalanche/env ;)
instead of using nvi.

So, please give some more informations.

Joe

petros888 schrieb:
I telnet fritz and typed "nvi /proc/avalanche/env"

if there is a single worst command to screw things up - that's it...
so maybe your env is broken, maybe not.
as for the recover image, you should probably try one of the newer german recover programs with graphical user interface. after all the box still seems to do something.
if that doesn't work, try to search the board on how to fix a broken env via adam2 ftp. i remember seeing a thread about that...

oh and one more thing: what type of fritzbox are you using???

Hello guys!

I am using a Fritz!box fon ata 1020, bought with German interface, and successfully converted to English interface.
My firmware version was fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.04.01.

But when trying to recover, I have also tried fritz.box_fon_ata.de.11.03.64 and fritz.box_fon_ata.de.11.04.01. with no success.

The recover utility I have is recover.exe, a file of 102.464 bytes, that runs on DOS (command line).

Do you know where I can find the newer recover programs with graphical user interface, you wrote about?

Thank you for your interest! :)

Uhm... i don't even know the box you have...
Best recommendation i can give is to write an email to the AVM support, stating the problems you have and what you already tried (no need to say that you better keep the screwing up part to yourself ;-) ).
The should be able to provide you with the latest recover.exe

I have already sent an email to AVM, asking for a recovery tool.

This is my last hope!:abschied:

Thanks after all! :)

Hi Petros888,
even if You mean, Your box is unaccessible by phone,
have You tried to enter a factory reset #991*15901590*

hope that works

Kind Regards

Hello eveyone!

I have just tied the factory reset #991*15901590* , but nothing happens
I can't even hear the dial tones, so I believe that it has no effect.
(Thank you anyway Pemabo!)

I have also received FRITZ.Box_Fon_ata.04.01.recover-image.exe from AVM, but I get this error message:

Code:
FRITZ!Box Fon ata suchen an: 192.168.178.2
Eine Anlage gefunden! - Ermitteln der aktuellen Version.
Auslesen der Version gescheitert!

Definetelly it has to do with the fact, that I had the interface changed in the past (from German to English).

Any ideas to overcome this?
(maybe I need the english recovery utility?:noidea: )

Have You got an English instruction how to use the tool?

In the German one they wrote, that it might take up to 6 times using the recovery tool to get the FB run.
You would also be asked by a popup window during the recovery session to unplug the box from AC Power

Don't surrender!

Best Regards

Hi pemabo!

AVM has sent me detailed intructions in English, on how to use recovery.

I believe that the rocovery utility stops, when it realizes that my FBF has a different (or corrupted?) version. If this is a fact, then any more attempts are helpless. :(

Nevertheless, I will try it some more, as you said! :)

Thank you!

If you get that message 20 times in row, you might be right
You have to connect the box directly to the computer, no hubs, switches whatsoever
Last time im recovered my 7170 it took me about 15 tries - so don't give up yet

I gave it some more tries.... again the same message.

I gave up the official recovery and tried to make a manual update (see http://www.tecchannel.de/server/linux/438995/index11.html )
as i have successfully done at least 5 times before.

During the upload, ftp got disconnected, and things are even worse now . Fritz is completely dead :beerdigu: . The "power" LED does not light up and no more FTP to adam2 on startup.

I am giving up. I am returning the box :noidea:

I think it's time to pay for my stupididy...

Nevertheless, thank you for your interest and your help :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
petros888 schrieb:
Fritz is completely dead :beerdigu: . The "power" LED does not light up and no more FTP to adam2 on startup.
I am giving up. I am returning the box :noidea:
I have read the papter weight joke many times but never seen it. Do me a favour throw the box against the wall and take a photo of it on impact. I have wanted to do it with mine many times.

I also share the same feelings :mad: , but on the other hand, I am responsible for the damage :oops:

( but, if after repair, this happens again, I will send you the photo you always wanted!!! :) )

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello Joe_57!

I have already tried out the instructions at http://www.tecchannel.de/server/linux/438995/ , with no effect :(. (though, it is an excellent workshop).

I think that there is nothing else to try myself, since ADAM2 ftp-server is no longer responding. :noidea:

I live in Greece.

Thank you!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Maxim77788
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.