English firmware for german boxes

I own the German 7050 and a membe had created a modified English firmware for it that would much the box and send it to my by pm a month ago. I was off so now that I came back and checked the forum, the link in my pm was dead.

The fact is the following:

We found (can find at least) an English firmware image for the 7050 here
http://www.adslgr.com/forum/showthread.php?p=657426
(you need to register first)

So what stops us from creating a script for this too! I see that any other (not 7050) fritz box owner can alter their box and me having an english firmware in my hands, not having a clue of programing, following the classic methods (avme to avm string) and even though not being able to do nothing!

And nobody does nothing! Some people have also managed to alter their boxes but we can't! So if someone has a working patched image, send it to me and I will find a free web hosting space to host it! Even host it on my web server (low speed) so as people can download it and use it! Or give as a script for gods shake! :-o

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
So what stops us from creating a script for this too! I see that any other (not 7050) fritz box owner can alter their box and me having an english firmware in my hands, not having a clue of programing, following the classic methods (avme to avm string) and even though not being able to do nothing!

I downloaded that file... telnet to my fbf 7050 (black). Changed the firmware_version (to avme) and annex (back to B) variable in /prov/avalanche/env. I uploaded the firmware above, everything seems to be fine (I get the german message telling me to wait till the fbf reboot). But after reboot I still have the plain old firmware on it that was on it. So it seems that afterall the fbf decided to not upgrade. Anybody can help me?

arne

arnevt

You got a pm ;-)

Script not working with English firmware 06.04.17 (FBF)

The script works brilliantly with firmware version 06.04.02.
Haveaniceday :groesste:

However, there are some hiccups when I try the new firmware 06.04.17.

I renamed fritz.box_fon.annexa.en.06.04.17.image to fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image and ran the script.

Code:
knoppix@1[fritz_avme_avm]$ ./fritz_avme_avm.sh
no image fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.04.01.image at /ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm
/ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm/fritz_avme_avm
Use image fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image as source
./var/
./var/tmp/
./var/tmp/kernel.image
./var/tmp/filesystem.image
./var/flash_update.o
./var/info.txt
./var/install
./var/chksum
./var/regelex
./var/signature
umcompress failed at tools/dumpsquashfs line 345.
./30_convertfs: line 12: cd: etc: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
sed: kann init.d/rc.init nicht lesen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./30_convertfs: line 14: cd: default.Fritz_Box_*: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
mv: Aufruf von stat für »avme« nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./30_convertfs: line 34: cd: usr/www: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
mv: Aufruf von stat für »avme/de« nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./30_convertfs: line 42: cd: all/html: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
rmdir: »avme/cgi-bin«: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
sed: kann usr/www/all/html/de/fon/sip1.js nicht lesen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Image /ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm/fritz_avme_avm/fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image.4//var/tmp/filesystem.image is too large (0), expect a size of  0 < 3145728.

A file called mksquashfs.log is generated.
Code:
Cannot stat source directory: No such file or directory
Creating little endian 2.1 filesystem on /ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm/fritz_avme_avm/fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image.4//var/tmp/filesystem.image, block size 16384.

Haveaniceday, would it be possible to adjust the script to the new firmware?
:habenwol:

Wer kann helfen? Komme net weiter.

Also ich gebe es fast auf.

Irgendwie bekomme ich auf meine FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050, Firmware-Version 14.04.15 (AnnexB) (Deutsch) einfach nicht die Engl. Firmware fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.14.04.20 nicht aufgespielt.

Kann mir jemand ev. schreiben, wie es machbar ist?
Lese seit tagen und versuche alles mögliche aber keine chance.

Kann mir jemand es erklären, wie ich umsetzen kann.

Danke.

THX
Xeroxan

I have a fbfon wlan with german interface. will it be possible for you to cut and paste the english help files from your interface to note pad or word and send the instructions to me if i send u my email id?

06.04.02 vs 06.04.01

starter schrieb:
The script works brilliantly with firmware version 06.04.02.
Haveaniceday :groesste:

However, there are some hiccups when I try the new firmware 06.04.17.

I renamed fritz.box_fon.annexa.en.06.04.17.image to fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image and ran the script.

Code:
knoppix@1[fritz_avme_avm]$ ./fritz_avme_avm.sh
no image fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.04.01.image at /ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm
/ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm/fritz_avme_avm
Use image fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image as source
./var/
./var/tmp/
./var/tmp/kernel.image
./var/tmp/filesystem.image
./var/flash_update.o
./var/info.txt
./var/install
./var/chksum
./var/regelex
./var/signature
umcompress failed at tools/dumpsquashfs line 345.
./30_convertfs: line 12: cd: etc: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
sed: kann init.d/rc.init nicht lesen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./30_convertfs: line 14: cd: default.Fritz_Box_*: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
mv: Aufruf von stat für »avme« nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./30_convertfs: line 34: cd: usr/www: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
mv: Aufruf von stat für »avme/de« nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./30_convertfs: line 42: cd: all/html: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
rmdir: »avme/cgi-bin«: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
sed: kann usr/www/all/html/de/fon/sip1.js nicht lesen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Image /ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm/fritz_avme_avm/fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image.4//var/tmp/filesystem.image is too large (0), expect a size of  0 < 3145728.

A file called mksquashfs.log is generated.
Code:
Cannot stat source directory: No such file or directory
Creating little endian 2.1 filesystem on /ramdisk/home/knoppix/tmp/avm/fritz_avme_avm/fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image.4//var/tmp/filesystem.image, block size 16384.

Haveaniceday, would it be possible to adjust the script to the new firmware?
:habenwol:

I have managed to do the upgrade with firmware 06.04.01 but i don't know how to do it with 06.04.02.Can you help?Thanks

firmware update

haveaniceday schrieb:
Hi to everybody,

I made some small scripts to convert the official english firmware version en.*.04.01.image
for the german Fon, Fon WLAN and Fon ATA

This works without the modification of the box from "avm" to "avme".
The modification avm => avme might generate trouble.
The images generate by the script can be overwritten by the regular german image.

How to do:
  1. "rebrand" the internal settings from 1und1 (UI), AOL,freenet, etc to AVM.
    => Use this file http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=6391&d=1139740176
    from thread http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=68979
  2. download one the official firmware of the international Fritz!Boxes
    - 06 for fon, 08 for Fon WLAN, 11 for Fon Ata
  3. Download the attached script. ( should work with linux or cygwin )
  4. tar xvf fritz_avme_avm.tar
    cd fritz_avme_avm
    ./fritz_avme_avm.sh

This should give an output like:

The checksum can vary. ( different timestamps, etc )
  5. Upload the right *.image file for your box.
    fritz_avme_avm._fon.en.06.04.01.image
    fritz_avme_avm._fon_wlan.en.08.04.01.image
    fritz_avme_avm._fon_ata.en.11.04.01.image
  6. Hope you get enjoy an english interface...

Warning: AVM does not give support. Everything is on your own Risk.
I tested it on my Fon WLAN. Works fine.

Internals: The script set "internally" the avme settings. So german provider menues
might disappear.
- 7050: not official firmware available... ( yet ?)

Best regards,

Haveaniceday

Hello again.Thanks to your valuable help i had managed to have English firmware to my German FBF.I had made the conversion using the 06.04.01 firmware and now in the fritz interface i have the
HAVEANICEDAY Fon, Firmware Version 06.04.01
Because AVM had released the 06.04.02 firmware update i would like to ask if it is possible to make the firmware update and in which way.Thanks for your great job.

hello,

i just bought a german "fritzbox fon ata 1020"

i want to switch it to english firmware but ... not easy.

i followed the different step:

1. unbranding the ata: ok (oem=avm)
2. downloading cygwin (with perl) and script and english firmware (11.0.01) ok
3. creating the "fritz_avme_avm._fon_ata.en.11.04.01.image" file: ok
4. changing firmware to english one: NOK

at point 4, i got this message: "Es trat ein nicht näher spezifizierter fehler während des Updates auf" :noidea:

ok, the ata don't accept the modified firmware ... can someone help me ? (instruction or sending me a good modified firmware)

thanks,

Laurent

Perl Package für cygwin - Kurzanleitung

Hallo haveaniceday,

ich moechte meine FritzBox auf Deinem beschriebenen Weg ins englische Webinterface umsetzen:

Zwei Fragen:
-> kann ich Dein Convert-tool auch für die neue FW fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.24.image (Fritz Fon) anwenden und muss dabei nur den Namen auf XXX.01 ändern, damit die Routine greift?

-> da ich auch cygwin-newbee bin, bitte noch eine kleine Hilfe. Ich habe das im Thread beschriebene Perl-Problem. Wie bekomme ich denn ein Perl-Package bei cygwin installiert. Ich habe es mit der Installation vom normalen ActivePerl ausprobiert, aber das korelliert nicht mit cygwin.

Danke für die Hilfe von Dir oder anderen.

haveaniceday schrieb:
Perl not installed:

/usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Krystyna Böttcher
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.