HELP: Unidentified VoIP call problem

oTTo_klein

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Since my other thread never been answered, ANY help would be really appreciated.

I saw a similar posts on the forum without an actual solution; turns out to be a problem in the firmware that prevents VoIP calls going through FBF7050 loaded with FW 14.04.15

In my case, I have NO Analog lines, only VoIP account(s) -well registered - and incoming calls are Crystal Clear! :D whilst ALL outgoing calls with main Voip provider (IPness) do not connect ---> the
phone rings once and immediately switches to busy signal after a 20 seconds timeout. For every outbound call, the event log indicates "request cancelled (487)".

As I was hopeless, I signed up for an extra account with SIPphone/GizmoP1. Although less reliable (support wise, credit monitoring, etc ...) communications work fine on
*122#.

I am desperately looking for a way to place decent phone calls on account *121# and suppress the darn 20seconds
timeout.

I already checked with AVM support / ISP / VoiP Provider and nothing wrong they all say!

Please let me have all your recommendations, leads, opinions, .....

Thanks.

O.K.

voipbuster.com and internetcalls.com currently still offer free calls to Belgium, assuming this is what you need ;-) They might be a good alternate provider, however, be prepared for rate changes in the future, stepping up to 0,58 ct/min or around 1 ct/min.

The 487 may be due to the fact that the VoIP provider takes too long to forward outgoing calls. It's hard to say without looking at the SIP trace.

As for IPness rates, even dus.net, carpo.de and terrasip.com are cheaper. I am not sure you picked the best provider.

If you can read some German, try www.telefonsparbuch.de with a lookup for Belgium and other countries to find out which VoIP providers offer acceptably-priced tariffs. You can start a search from the entry page and on the second page, mark "VoIP" in the options below the table.

--gandalf.

@Gandalf, and all others:

If necessary I can provide you either with a Telnet SIP trace, or with an ethereal type *.eth file from the FBF capture option.

I would like to have your inputs, feedback, and possible solutions:confused: .

With more thanks.

PS I am not looking for the cheapest but for the most reliable provider - already ported my POTS/PSTN number at IPness ....

oTTo_klein schrieb:
PS I am not looking for the cheapest but for the most reliable provider - already ported my POTS/PSTN number at IPness ....

You may use one of the other providers I named as backup... or IPness as backup. In any case, just relying on one provider in the VoIP area seems to be a bit risky... anyway, it's your decision.

Regarding the problems with IPness, I may find some time next week to look into this, so let me know your e-mail address by PM and I'll get back to you next week...

Cheers,
--gandalf.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
jahel98
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.