Call forwarding question on 7390

baudy2

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi all !

I have a (possibly) stupid question. I have 7390 and very happy with it.
I use it very simple - 1 inbound analog line+2 SIP providers (Provider 1 and 2).

As i'm leaving for 3 weeks to another country, i need some temporary rule to configure.
The task is - I need to forward all incoming (analog) calls to the static number (xxx xxx) via one of the SIP providers (provider 1).

How this could be done ? Could you, please explain in details as i'm pretty new user to Fritz devices.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

--== Baudy ==--

Hey Baudy,

do you have an english version of the fritz!box?! In the german version you will find callforwarding in "Telefonie" --> "Rufumleitung" --> "Neue Rufumleitung" (Maybe in english it looks like "Telephony" --> "Call forwarding" --> "New call forwarding")

If you need more informations let us know...

Hi ! THank you for the answer.
I have an English version. There are two things. When i go to
Telephony -> Call Diversion -> New Call Diversion there is no "All calls" tab. It looks like:

Which calls should be diverted?
Calls to a telephone number / telephone
Calls by a person in the Telephone Book
Calls from the telephone number
All calls without a telephone number to

Destination for diversion:
Divert calls to destination number
Outgoing caller ID

Divert calls to internal answering machine
Type of call diversion

When i try to set the enter the destination number as *121#xxx-xxx it does not allow me to enter non-digits. So, my question is how and where to tell the box that the diversion should be made via particular VOIP provider.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
You are asking for two thinks that are separatly implemented: Call diversion you have found and obviously understood correctly.
The missing item hides behind the next entry beneath 'call diversion' and in German is called 'Wahlregeln' (dialling rules?). Here you define which provider to take when targeting certain destination areas. Give it a try.

You are asking for two thinks that are separatly implemented: Call diversion you have found and obviously understood correctly.
The missing item hides behind the next entry beneath 'call diversion' and in German is called 'Wahlregeln' (dialling rules?). Here you define which provider to take when targeting certain destination areas. Give it a try.

What i do exactly:

1. In "Call diversion" i do "Calls to the telephone line" -> Fixed line -> Divert to Destination Number xxxxxxxxxx
2. In "Dialing Rules" I do New Rule -> Number xxxxxxxx -> Connect via -> My VOIP Provider.

If i call number xxxxxxxx from my DECT at home everything is routed fine but when i call to my fixed line from outside i have a busy tone.
What do i do wrong here ?

Anhänge

• Fritz_diversion.jpg
    Fritz_diversion.jpg
    66.7 KB · Aufrufe: 12
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hard to say: missing data.
Speculating: the phone number you use for the diversion is the same you use to test it.
Either the testing phone is on the exception list and can not be used for a test or it is accually calling it self - which always ends in busy.
Anycase, you need a third phone for testing.
Unless you own ISDN the incoming line can never be used for the outgoing call.

Can anybody, please, help me to configure a simple thing ?

I need all inbound ANALOG (fixed line) calls to be immediately diverted/forwarded to the specified number via the SIP provider xxx.yyy.zzz which works fine.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Can anybody, please, help me to configure a simple thing ?

I need all inbound ANALOG (fixed line) calls to be immediately diverted/forwarded to the specified number via the SIP provider xxx.yyy.zzz which works fine.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

The example you gave does not demonstrate what you tried, so it is hard to persuade my looking glas to guessing.
Here is the obvious I would be doing: CallDiversion.PNG

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The problem is that there is no "All calls divert" in the "Call Diversion" menu (see the image attached).

I do use the official .87 7390 firmware for FritzBox CH edition.

Anhänge

• fritz_divert.jpg
    fritz_divert.jpg
    59.3 KB · Aufrufe: 6
So you may need to enquire with AVM if that 'all calls divert' shouldn't be there in your version and how to get it back.
I would assume that a proper Reset followed by a Power on Reset (*all* cabel off for 10 minutes) might bring back the missing enty. Beware to use the old/saved configuration as it might contain just this bug; rather key in the complete setup manually.

So you may need to enquire with AVM if that 'all calls divert' shouldn't be there in your version and how to get it back.
I would assume that a proper Reset followed by a Power on Reset (*all* cabel off for 10 minutes) might bring back the missing enty. Beware to use the old/saved configuration as it might contain just this bug; rather key in the complete setup manually.

Would the "FACTORY RESET" from web interface be enough ? If not, please, explain in details how to make a COMPLETE reset.

Just tried the Factory Reset. All call diversion did not appear. Probably it does not exist in this version.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Dier 'factory Reset' by the web interface was ment and I think would suffice. The other method is called 'recovery' and needs a special .exe, which is provided by AVM on their ftp-site.
However, reading the manual I found on p 73 this sentence which may explain the missing entry in your menue:
Call forwarding ... cannot be used to forward calls to Internet numbers ...

Dier 'factory Reset' by the web interface was ment and I think would suffice. The other method is called 'recovery' and needs a special .exe, which is provided by AVM on their ftp-site.
However, reading the manual I found on p 73 this sentence which may explain the missing entry in your menue:

I have 3 "lines"

1. Analog PSTN
2. VOIP Provider 1
3. VOIP Provider 2

I cannot believe that there is no possibility to forward calls between those AS I LIKE TO.
When i do *21*<DNo>*# it includes 3 lines into the configuration for each incoming line but it does not work anyway.

There is also a description on Pages 77 and 78 of the manual saying:

------------------------------
If the FritzBox is operated on analog telephone line, incoming calls can only be diverted to a different extension of to Internet numbers.
-------------------------------

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
... I cannot believe that there is no possibility to forward calls between those ...
An internet number may be something of this kind: x.y@z and not any VoIP number. So you are left with these two options:
  1. Call AVM to confirm the nonexistence of the "Drivert all"-Option or
  2. create a virgin firmware by using the recovery, either from your CD or here to confirm the 'normal' appearance.
Have you read in the manual about the incompatibility of call forwarding and call diversion?

An internet number may be something of this kind: x.y@z and not any VoIP number. So you are left with these two options:
  1. Call AVM to confirm the nonexistence of the "Drivert all"-Option or
  2. create a virgin firmware by using the recovery, either from your CD or here to confirm the 'normal' appearance.
Have you read in the manual about the incompatibility of call forwarding and call diversion?

I created a "virgin" device with recovery software and tere is no "All calls divert" option. Of course, i've read the manual and totally understand the difference between forwarding and diversion and their incompatibility. As far as i understood the forwarding is been made on PSTN provider side, and the diversion is managed by FritzBox internally.

The problem solved

Hi all !

In fact, i just had a problem with the destination outgoing number. Everything works just fine.
In order to make an Immediate diversion of all PSTN analog calls you just need to create a simple Diversion rule for the specific line to the particular number.
Then do not forget to make an appropriate dialing rule for this particular outgoing number.

The only issue i have is that i do not see the incoming phone number on the final destination. It has been displayed always as "UNKNOWN".

Thanx a lot for the help !

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.